Chapter two

Sherlock:

I gazed around at the small group of people. Each wearing their badge, around me. Molly Hooper was sitting next to me, telling me something I wasn't paying attention to, Remus Lupin was staring out the window at nothing in particular, Lily Evans was listening intently to what Molly was saying, and smiling a girl from my year whom I should probably know but never bothered to talk to was reading, Sally Donovan (ugh) was glaring at me (I glared back at her), and multiple other people I didn't know were chatting to each-other.

"Sherlock? Did you hear me?" Molly asked. She sounded excited, so I presumed she'd just told me some news.

"Uh yeah. That's... Great, Molly" I replied. She beamed and turned to Lily to talk to. I returned to what had somehow turned into an intense glaring battle between Sally and I.

I won.

However, after that, we were told to patrol the corridors for a bit, making sure everyone's behaving, and then we were able to return to our friends (Sally made a comment about 'acquaintances for some of us' looking directly at me. Most people laughed). I got up and walked down the corridor. Seeing nothing that interested me particularly, I found the carriage John was seated in and opened the door.

"Sally's a prefect. You might want to watch out" I muttered as I entered.

"You're back!" He exclaimed "what happened?"

"Nothing much, but, to be honest I wasn't paying an awful lot of attention" I explained "we were just told our duties as prefects, and we were re-told the rules and all that. Bit dull, really"

"You said Sally was a prefect?" He laughed "how does someone like Sally become a prefect?"

"Same way Anderson got a girlfriend" I replied "the darkest magic possible that has been outlawed in most communities"

John laughed. At this point, Sally walked past the carriage scowling at us.

"She totally just heard everything we said" John realised.

"So?" I inquired.

I didn't care that she heard us. I wanted her to hear us. She implied I don't have friends.

What does that make John?