Chapter four

Sherlock:

"Hey, freak" Sally greeted, joining me in the horseless cart.

I decided to ignore her.

"Rude, much? Ignoring me like that?" She continued. I silently told her to shut up, and waited impatiently for John (who had stayed behind to help the others get their trunks).

"Okay, listen, Sally. You must realise that I'd rather not make any reaction to you, because most people prefer being ignored than punched in the face" I muttered "and, I mean, I have a wand right here. Who knows what I could I do if I lost control?"

"Again" she smirked.

I didn't register what she said at first. She looked at me expectantly until I realised. "What?"

"Yeah, that's right. I know exactly what happened to you" she laughed slightly "Carl Powers, his name was, right?"

"How do you know that?" I asked monotonously.

"People can find out anything if they try hard enough" she informed "over the holidays, Anderson and I decided to go looking for some information on you"

"Some people call that stalking" I mumbled, but she ignored me and continued.

"And we found the school you used to go to. Out of sheer luck. After a quick visit, we found out all we needed" she explained "very interesting things. A boy who wasn't exactly nice to you" she smiled "mysteriously drowned, despite holding school championships, a day after beating you up. Odd, don't you think?"

"That wasn't my fault" I defended. She just laughed.

"You'll want to stay out of our way, this year, Holmes" she muttered, opening the door and leaving. It didn't scare me, of course (well, maybe a bit, considering I was doing alright friend-wise at Hogwarts, and didn't want to lose them. Sure John knew, but not the full story).

"You okay?" John asked, piercing my thoughts. Finally he was back.

"I'm fine. Just thinking. I spend a lot of my time doing that, you know" I replied.

"I'm aware" he mumbled, shoving me slightly to the side to make room.

And so we continued towards the castle, Sally's parting words lingering in my mind the entire trip.