18. I'm Always Careful

We reached the meeting place, while Clary, Jace, Isabelle, and Simon waited outside.

Let's just say I wasn't incredibly pleased about the meeting. But what else could you expect?

Anyways that night we all were gathered in the hall to try and come up with a verdict. Malarchi was speaking but then Clary pushed her way next to me. I gave her a reassuring squeeze on the hand.

"You can do this," I whispered. She walked forward and jumped onto the steps, so everyone could see her.

"Get down from there, you silly girl," Malarchi called. Then she did this totally kick butt speech about how we needed to unite and how she could make a rune that can tie downworlder and Shadowhunter in battle. So the Shadowhunter can share the power of the downworlder. I think her words did effect them a bit..which is probably why the verdict was they would accept the help.

Thank Godric.

So anyway we would fight tomorrow so I went back to the Penhallow house to get comfortable. I walked into Clary's room to see Jace in her bed. The only thing touching was their fingers. They faced each other, passed out. I smiled and decided to give them privacy.

I silently closed the door and felt a gentle touch on my arm. I turned and smiled at Magnus.

"Tomorrow is a big day..we should get some rest." He smiled. I nodded.

"You can take the couch, I'll take the floor." We reached the living room and he laid on the couch. I went to lay on the floor, but he pulled me down next to him so I was between him and the couch. He laid on the side. He intertwined his fingers with mine and we pressed our foreheads together. Just staring into each others eyes.
I felt something coming.

I sneezed a very loud sneeze. Magnus was so startled he fell off the couch. I couldn't hold in my laughter as he hauled himself up.

"You think that's funny, darling?" I nodded in between laughter. He jumped on the couch and began to tickle me. We were both laughing and I flipped him over and began tickling him.

"Stop! Mercy!" He laughed. I smiled, stopping, and rolling beside him.

"I think after that trip we take our next big step in the relationship," I said. He looked at me. "What would that be?"

"I've always wanted a dog."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Guys wake up!" I heard Clary's voice. I rolled over shoving my head in the pillow.

"Five more minutes," I muttered. "Jace is gone." I turned around, looking up at her. I looked next to me to see Magnus's spot was empty.

"Where did Jace go?" I asked, yawning.

"He went to go try and find Valentine." I sighed. "That boy has a death wish."

I took a shower and got changed into combat boots, a long sleeved black shirt, black leggings, and I pulled my hair up in a bun. I had some blood that I kept in the fridge, I needed my strength for battle.

I reached the Hall of Accords and spotted Clary. She ran over to me and explained how her mom told her Jace and her weren't related and that the two of them had angel blood in him.

Jace was a Herondale. That explained a lot.

Anyways that was a relief so I hung with Magnus for a while til I saw Clary had her stele out and was tracing a pattern over Simon's forehead. I recognized it after a few seconds.

The Mark of Cain.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. She was probably giving it to him to keep him safe.

Kids these days.

Clary showed everyone the rune and they began to find a partner. Clary and Isabelle were underage so they couldn't fight.

I looked around for a partner. I wanted to be with Magnus, but Shadowhunters needed partners.

Maryse and I became partner, while Magnus and Alec did the same. Clary walked over to me.

"Be careful," she smiled. I winked.

"Please, I'm always careful." I turned around and slammed into the wall. I stumbled back and Clary tried to hold back her laughter.

"You see? That wall didn't know what hit em."