26. Azazel

It has been a few days now and Simon hasn't been able to get ahold of Clary all day with his ring. Jocelyn and Isabelle had gotten back from going to the Iron sisters to see if any weapons they had could be used against Sebastian but not harm Jace. The Iron Sisters had no such weapons. You see Sebastian had created a rune that tied the two of them together. Whatever one would feel the other would feel, same with thoughts. You kill one the other dies too. So anyways Jocelyn was out visiting Luke so Simon, Isabelle, Alec, and Magnus were the only ones there and they were going to summon the demon Azazel.

There were all kinds of different candles around the room and a pentagram drawn on the floor. Magnus and the others stood around it.

"Alright do not break the circle, and let me talk," Magnus said. He began chanting and the candles flickered. A black cloud filled between their circle and a man in a nice black suit stood there.

He grinned at them. "Well well, Magnus Bane...how lovely to see you. Tell me what caused you to summon me?"

"You are now in my command demon. Tell me if there is a weapon that can separate Sebastian Morgenstern and Jace Herondale." Magnus asked. Azazel smiled.

"Ahh, yes, Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern. Roderick has told me quite a bit about him. Even Lilith thinks he will be the one to start a new generation and get rid of the Shadowhunters."

"You don't agree?" Alec asked. Magnus shot him a warning glare. Azazel turned to Alec and smirked.

"Perhaps he will be the creator that is our salvation. However he is much like a whiny child brat. I find him rather annoying. Now I have a plan but I require something in return. I get lonely if you each give me a happy memory I will share my plan." Magnus looked at the others and they nodded.

"Very well. Everyone think of a happy memory."

"A genuine memory, not of killing a demon. Those get rather boring," Azazel said.

Magnus thought and the first memory that popped into his head was when Alice and him had sat for hours just talking and eating ice cream and pizza. After everyone gave a memory Azazel smiled at Magnus.

"Alice Ravenblood, I remember her quite well. She helped the Winchester's and she is also one of my special children."

"Special children?" Magnus questioned. Azazel smiled and ignored the question.

"Anyway, I can drag Sebastian down to hell and the mark that binds them will wear off soon enough. In return you let me free into the world."

"You can't honestly think we would let you free into the world," Isabelle said. Azazel walked towards Isabelle.

"It's that or you have to kill Jace, my dear."

Magnus took a few moments.
"We will discuss and think about it. Until then I command you back to where you came from." Azazel paused.

"Tell Alice I said hi." With that he was gone.

"No. Jace will still be able to feel what happens to Sebastian. Not to mention we can't let a greater demon loose into the world," Alec said. Magnus sighed.

"There is only one weapon I know of....The archangel Michael's sword."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clary had just contacted Simon with the ring that Sebastian had taken from her. She told him about tonight at midnight Sebastian was going to use the Mortal Cup to create a new generation of Shadowhunters. She had been in the apartment with Jace and Sebastian for a week or two now. Jace was able to break the connection for a little bit, he was going to turn himself in. But in fear the Clave would kill Jace she warned Sebastian who fixed the bond again. She regretted it.

Jace had said he'd rather die than be the person controlled by Sebastian. She should have accepted his wish but she hadn't. She wore a dark red dress and was sitting next to Sebastian.

"What are we waiting for?" She asked. Jace had gone an hour ago and Sebastian had attacked her. It turns out he had romantic feeling for her. Now she could understand why Alice was so disgusted with her own brother.

"You'll see," Sebastian said plainly. The door to the apartment opened and Roderick in his usual suit stepped through. Then Alice walked in wearing a black dress.

She looked terrible.

Her face had thinned out to where her cheekbones had hallowed. She had lost ten pounds making her look way too skinny, unlike her usual muscular arms and legs. She had dark circles under her eyes and her skin was even paler than usual(If that was even possible.)

Clary hastily stood. "Alice," she whispered. Sebastian followed and greeted Roderick.

Clary's eyes locked with Alice and for a moment she felt as if there was a silent communication. Alice nodded her head just an inch so only Clary would notice. Clary looked at Roderick who looked around the apartment.

"Hm, different. Come along Sebastian let us go. We wouldn't wanna leave the others waiting. It is almost midnight. Alice," Roderick said and turned his attention to his sister. She stared at him emotionless and he held out his hand.

"Come along." He glanced at Clary. "Or else." Clary had a feeling he meant he would harm her. He was using Clary as leverage. Alice took his hand and Clary knew that had to be one of the hardest things she'd ever done.

Alice was a confident, proud person who hated taking orders from other people. Especially people she hated.

Clary remembered the rune she had drawn while running around the apartment from Sebastian. He thought it had been a unfinished opening rune. It wasn't.

"Let us go," Sebastian said. They all walked out of the door stepping into a field with a hill.

The apartment exploded behind them.