40. That is One Drunk Vampire

"Alice," a voice called. It seemed distant. "Will she be alright, Magnus?"

"She should be."

"Aren't you going to stay?" The voice I now recognized as Luke's asked.

". . . . .I need to go." I wanted to cry out and grasp Magnus's hand. To beg him not to leave, but I couldn't even open my eyes. So I tried using all the strength I could master and my eyes fluttered open. I saw the outline of Magnus and I reached my hand towards him.

"Magnus," I whispered before everything went black.

I woke up to see Clary sitting beside me. I expected to be in a hospital but I was surprised to find myself in Amatis's house on the couch. I groaned sitting up. Clary looked at me wide eyed.

"How do you feel?"

"Just peachy. How come you aren't with Jace?" I mumbled. "They wouldn't let me see him."

I glanced over to see Simon walk in.

"What are you doing here?"

"Long story short Maureen kidnapped me and Raphael brought me here. Also Jordan's dead so that's great," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Jordan's dead? How? Is Maia okay?"

"When Sebastian and Roderick couldn't reach the London Institute he turned his attention to the Praetor Lupus. And yes Maia is fine." At the mention of Roderick's name I sat up.

"Where is Roderick?!"

"The Clave have him and are questioning him," Luke said stepping inside. "Let's just say they aren't getting very far." I laughed bitterly.

"What about Jace and Brother Zachariah?"

"Thanks to you Jace will be alright, and Brother Zachariah is in the Basilias," Jocelyn said.

"Okay and where's Raphael and how come he brought you here?"

"Maureen is going to make New York her bloody playground and Raphael wants me to speak in front of the Inquisitor and the Consul," Simon said. I nodded then looked at him studying him closely.

"How long since you've eaten?" I asked softly. He flinched. "Three days."

"We need to get you food," I said standing to my feet and flinching a little.

"I'm fine," Simon said, unconvincingly. "I really am."

"Besides you're in no shape to leave," Jocelyn said. I turned to her.

"Thank you for looking out for me, Jocelyn. But I'm a grown woman. I can handle myself."

"The most reasonable place to get blood would be the vampire representative's house," Luke said. "They have to provide it for the use of the Night's Children's Council member. I would go myself, but they're hardly going to give it to a werewolf. We could send a message-"

"No messages. Too slow. We'll go now." Clary pulled on a jacket. "Simon can you make it there?"

"It's not that far," Simon said, his voice subdued. "A few doors down from the Inquisitor's."

"Raphael will be sleeping," said Luke. "In the middle of the day."

"Then we'll have to apologize for waking his royal highness from his beauty sleep," I said and pulled on my own jacket.

"The Council member dinner is tonight," Luke said, leaning back against the wall. "Clary, we're going to have to leave before you get back. We're putting a guard on the house to make sure you return home before dark-"