Chapter One: New Atmosphere

New start. A new start is seen as a beneficial concept in life or a well-found principle that may be applied to your life. A person's new state could be from something life changing like weaning their body from drugs to something blissful as starting a family. What no one seemed to understand is that in order to have a new start, you need to be willing to let go of your old ways and change your life for the greater good.

Funnily, mankind has never been well adapted to change and change is always the first barrier to a new start.

--------------------------------------------------------

Trees, petrol and thick dusty air, that's all Sam could smell as she poked her head through the window, trying to escape the heat wave that irritated her. Her frizzy raven hair was let out loose, as it swept freely towards the wind. She was about to stick her arms through the window like a child, going on their first road trip, but was soon told to get 'every inch of her body back inside the car'  by Ronnie. "But it's getting really, humid in here, " Sam whined, pulling her face into a pout as she pulled her head back inside the car, not wanting to get into an argument with Ronnie. Ronnie had a habit of acting like a mother and to Sam it was a pain in the ass.

Sam sighed loudly, pressing her head against the window in frustration. She let her eyes fall onto the passing cars and couldn't help but let her mind wander to unwanted thoughts. How would her father react when he'd realise that she had run away. Would he blame himself or would he celebrate in victory? 'I've finally got rid of the trash that I've been obliged to live with'  is what Sam imagined her father to say. 

"If it's humid in here, I'll fan you," an excited Poppy said, whose eyes glinted with glee. Sam stared at her clear grey eyes before rolling her eyes and muttering a "no thanks", pushing Poppy off her shoulder. It was times like this when Sam had to take a minute to grieve for not sitting at the back of the car. Sam leaned back against her seat and closed her eyes, feeling to take a nap, but Kim, who was sitting behind her, soon interrupted her. "Wanna play a game" Kim whispered, giving Sam and Poppy a slick smirk.

Sam knew that whatever game, Kim had in store for them was either going to get them in trouble or put their lives in danger. The thing with Sam was that she was taught to be competitive and never backed down from a challenge or game, plus she was bored. Poppy wouldn't involve herself in foolish plans, but there was something about Kim that brought her inner kid out. Kim was faced with two toothy grins, which both indicated they wanted to play the game.

"Okay, I'll explain the game. We'll choose one felt-tip and scribble on Amy's face. The winner will be decided based on the most marks on Amy's face. The game stops when Amy wakes up or when we arrive at our new house." Kim said, bouncing in her seat with excitement.

Poppy and Sam both looked at each other and then at Amy in fear, who was sleeping peacefully next to Poppy. Even though she was sleeping, Amy was still able to pull a permanent scowl on her face. "Are you thick, wait, don't answer that" Sam whispered, flicking Kim on the forehead while Poppy continued staring at Amy, still thinking about the consequences of pissing Amy off.

Sam and Poppy could both remember the first time, the three had met Amy. Amy had accidentally bumped into Kim's shoulder when walking outside their favourite sweet shop. Kim was a coward, continuously apologised and even went as far as offering Amy her first born child. Poppy had heard rumours about Amy having a dysfunctional personality and often emphasised with her, however, she didn't like it when someone used their reputation to intimidate others. "Why are you apologising, She's the one that bumped into you," Poppy said, giving a shaky glare towards Amy. 

"Hey. God gifted you with eyes, didn't he? " Sam said in a sarcastic tone. "Why don't you appreciate his gift and fucking use them" Sam shouted, not allowing Amy to even answer the previous question.