Chapter Fourteen: Our Problems

After being caught making out with Leo by Amy, Sam rushed to the bathroom to fix herself. Surprised, she saw Kim crouched down into a small ball. Soon, resentment rushed into Sam.

"Who's the bitch," Sam said, fisting her hands into balls. She knew someone had upset her as Kim was a person to smile and make weird comments that could possibly make you double over with laughter, but, she was highly sensitive and took things to the heart. It was one of her weaknesses and sadly, people took advantage of that.

Kim snapped her head to the voice and scrambled to her feet. "Don't tell anyone," she said, grabbing Sam with pleading eyes.

"What and let this fucker carry on" Sam shouted, not understanding why Kim didn't want her to do anything about it.

"I want to deal with this myself and not call other people to fight my own battles," Kim said, wanting Sam to understand her.

"You feel embarrassed that you have friends that are willing to fuck up anyone that hurts you," Sam said, crossing her arms. "No, I'm embarrassed that I can't take control of my life and do things for myself," Kim whispered, making Sam sigh.

"If you were in my position, I don't think you'd stand down. I don't you think you'd let a crusty ass fish, ever get away with hurting me" Sam said, flaring her nose and cheeks rising in anger.

Kim chuckled at the sight. It was like watching a bunny slowly fume because someone ate their carrot. "Am sure, fishes are scaly rather than crusty," Kim said, as if in thought.

"DON'T YOU DARE, CHANGE THE SUBJECT" Sam roared. She was tired of Kim changing the subject whenever someone caught her lies or found out about her problems.

"IT'S MY PROBLEM NOT YOURS" Kim roared back, stubbornly.

Sam pinched the bridge of her nose and calmly breathed through her nostrils. She stepped furiously into Kim's space, making sure she made the most intense eye contact ever. "When we left Ohio, I'm sure we all made a pact. My problem becomes your problem. Your problem becomes my problem. A problem for one of us becomes a problem for all of us. That's was the pact, right?" Sam said, whispering at the last sentence, waiting for an answer.

"Yeah", Kim said, keeping her gaze on Sam. "It's our problem, but let me fight this battle alone, please," Kim said, with desperation in her eyes.

"Alright. I won't tell anyone" Sam said, but still frowning as she wasn't happy with the decision. "But you better sought out, whoever this person is, because if I find them first, the lord best save their scaly ass skin," Sam said, angrily. Kim's lips curved into a smile before crushing Sam into a hug.

"Anyway, you want to go to the party on Friday, " Sam said, watching Kim's eyes light up at the word "Party". Kim had then shouted something in gibberish and Sam smiled, taking her answer as a yes.

"I knew you would come. It had taken me a whole lunch time to convince Leo to come. I think he likes to spend his time alone a lot" Sam admitted.

"It's good you convinced him to spend more time with people. People should learn to be alone, but should never get used to it" Kim said, as they both exited the bathroom.

-----------------------------------

Medina sat at one side of the dance practice room with the other students that wanted to be in the breakdancing team and Poppy was sitting on the other side of the room wanting to be in the ballet team. The dance instructor came after a while and scanned both of the sides, before giving a warm smile.