Chapter Eleven: Step One Completed

It was fresh Monday morning. Everyone had taken their time to get up after their tiring work. Kim had gotten up first to Ronnie's surprise. Kim showered, thinking about how she was going to get the girl next to be her friend. Medina knocked on the door stating that Kim was taking too long and that was enough to snap Kim out of her thoughts.

Everyone had decided that they would get breakfast on the way to save time; Sam licked her lips stating she was craving waffles. Everyone in the car was busy talking and munching on hot steaming waffles except Kim, who had her mind on that girl.

When they had arrived at the car park, Kim had said goodbye quickly and speed walked to class. "What's wrong with her," Sam said, staring at Kim's direction.

Medina had a lesson with Emily and so they walked together. "Are you going to try out for that dance team?" Emily asked, Medina. Medina had just shrugged. "You know, we came here because we wanted to be free. I would take that freedom, to do the things I love" Emily said, reminding Medina the main reason they all ran away.

Medina nodded and smiled to Emily, "You know what, I will join the team. I could get Poppy to join as well" Medina said, determined. She finally had the freedom she wanted, and she sure wasn't going to let it go to waste.

-------------------------------

Poppy entered the class early to find Milo sitting in her seat. She wondered why Milo was so early to school as he looked the type to be late. She stalked over to her desk and demanded that he moved out of her seat. 

Milo smirked and said "why don't you move me", sticking his two legs onto her desk. Milo was definitely taller than her and probably stronger. Foolishly, she took his request attempted to shove him, but Milo had slightly moved backwards, sending Poppy flying head first into his lap.

Milo groaned loudly at the sudden pressure in between his legs. Poppy looked up and finally faced Milo, who had his head tilted back. Her eyes widened as she realised what was the cause of the groans and got up, dusting herself. "Oh, come on. I was actually starting to like that position" Milo said, faking a pout.

Poppy was sure if her Swedish mother was alive, she would have warned her about boys like Milo. "Whatever," Poppy said, her face scrunching up in disgust as she moving to sit in the seat Milo, sat previously. "I was just kidding," Milo said, getting up to pick Poppy and placing her down in her original seat despite her protests to let her down.

"Why are you so early" Poppy suddenly asked, annoyed. "I wanted to have more time with you," Milo said, smiling widely at Poppy. 

Poppy scoffed a 'sure'."How many girls then?" Poppy asked. Milo was confused at the question, Poppy asked. 

"What do you mean," Milo said. "How many girls, have you had to come early to school because you wanted to spend more time with them," Poppy said, in a monotone voice.

"Funnily enough, you're the first" Milo answered, to which Poppy rolled her eyes, finding his answer too good to believe. "I'm serious. Just from one day, I can tell you're different. You're nice and caring, but can easily be vile when needed. The way you defended Milly, made me realise you don't care about how people perceive you and you don't need a reason support someone despite not knowing them" Milo said, using his hands to turn Poppy's face to his direction.

Poppy stared at him nervously, not knowing what to do. "You're a little bit of a creeper to notice all that, in one day", Poppy said, with Milo's hand still on her face. Soon someone's head had popped in through the door.

"Poppy, you forgot you're...... oh... sorry.. it seems I've interrupted something", Sam said, with a shit eating grin that suggested she wasn't sorry at all.

"Nothing was happening," Poppy said, quickly moving away from Milo. Milo huffed and turned to glare at this girl who interrupted their moment. Sam walked towards Poppy and handed her the book, Sam had taken that chance to have a good look at Milo. While Poppy was talking to Sam about waiting for her after class, Sam aggressively stamped on Milo's foot.

Milo winced at the sudden pressure added to his foot and Sam whipped her head to Milo slyly and asked, 'what was wrong'. Milo looked at Poppy before glaring at Sam. "He's a little weird, isn't he" Sam said as if she had no part in the incident. 

"You're a little devil, aren't you", Milo said, chuckling while standing up to ruffle Sam's hair, a little aggressive than needed.

"Oww, you're hurting me," Sam said, exaggerating to the extreme. "Why'd you do that for" Poppy exclaimed, shaking her head and started to pet Sam's hair. 

"Are you okay," Poppy said, whispered softly into Sam's ear. Sam gave a childish smile and nodded her head. 

Milo swore Sam was a child of Satan, as she stuck her tongue clearly boasting her pretence of innocence in his face.

"See you, Poppy", Sam said, cheerfully before changing her expression to a cold glare, while glancing at Milo.

"She's a cutie, isn't she," Poppy said, to which Milo just reluctantly nodded.

-------------------------------------------

Kim decided to enter class early and to her surprise, she saw the girl sitting next to her seat drawing on a white piece of paper. "Hi", Kim whispered, not wanting to scare, the girl. The girl had again, stared at her with wide, innocent eyes and then carried on drawing.

Kim leaned towards her making the girl, move back against the wall. "Sorry. I just wanted to see what you were drawing" Kim said, sheepishly. Kim moved out of the girl's space and focused on the whiteboard in front of her. A piece of paper was placed on her table and Kim turned to look at the girl next to her, who was just plainly, staring at the paper on Kim's table. Kim picked up the paper to examine the drawings.

Amazing. That's all she could say about the drawing. The picture was split into two different scenarios. One side of the drawing had a girl who seemed to be falling, but had some sort mattress under her to give a soft landing. The girl in the drawing was extracting her hand out as if she wanted someone to help her. Above the girl there were multiple of hands that seemed to reach out, they all had some sort of item. Some had money, others had a heart, they all had items which were basic needs and simple wants.

Kim's heart broke, as looked onto the second scenario that as on the other side of the paper. This girl was falling as well, but there were marks and bruises visible on her body as if she had been suffering before the fall. The girl had also been stretching her hand out for help, but there were no hands above her to help. The girl's face was more terrified than the girl getting help.

"Of course. It's about a girl who seems to be having a bad day. The mattress is there to either comfort her or give her something to bounce back on. Despite her falling, she's got all the support in the world" Kim said.

"The other girl seems to be suffering from a bad life. The dark hole there suggests that she's going to lose her soon. Sadly, there's no one to understand her pain and she's left to fall alone. What a piece of art, it clearly tells you the message if you look closely" Kim said, turning to face the girl.

"All you have when you're alone is yourself", the girl said, speaking for the first time. Her voice was small and timid. It sounded a little hoarse as if her voice had been drained.

"Yeah, but it's not what the art say's. It's what inspires or triggered the messages" Kim said, knowing this girl art was influenced by the abuse.

The girl shocked at Kim's response. She was the first person to actually understand her. "My name's.....Vienna" the girl said, hesitating a smile.

'Vienna, I'm going to help you' Kim stated in her head.