Part 4: Cuts and Bruises

//Song Of The Day: Christina Grimmie - Deception//

//Triggering: if you have a problem with depression/anxiety or are easily triggered, then skip this or READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!//

//Matt's POV//

After I left Eli in his class i went to drama. My favorite class. It was the only class I could get away from Adam and his posse of dickheads. I've known Adam since we were in year 8. I used to hang out with one of his buddies, Jonny and I, we were so so so close. We've known each other since we were in diapers. But Adam didn't like it one bit. He asked Jonny to join his group of friends 3 weeks after Jonny and I were caught in our hiding place. I have a lot of them but that one is hidden in plane sight. So anytime Adam or his friends ever beat me to the point where I can't walk or feel like I'll pass out. I go there. Only Jonny knows about it but I'm pretty sure he forgot all about it.
Jonny accepted his offer and now HE is part of that group of dickheads that beat me up on a regular basis.

I fucking hate Jonny for accepting the offer but I'm not his friend anymore so I can't tell him or help him find his way back to me or the stable civilization I called our friendship.

Once I reach drama I give the teacher my excuse for being late. His husband is deaf so I knew Mr. Thomson would understand it if I said I was showing around the new kid and had to help him find his class cause he is blind. When I was done with that, I sat on an empty chair in the back and took out my journal. I wrote in it most of the time. It was my life. I doodle, I write, I note, I do poetry. I do almost anything in it. I took out my pen and started writing:

10/23/2009
Dear journal ,
   '.okay So there's this new kid in school. His name is Elliott Beckett but he goes by Eli. He has brown hair with what looks like ginger, he's slightly tanned and is about my height. I don't know his color of eyes since they are covered by his UV dark glasses. He's in my class, the only classes we don't have together are Drama and Math's. But get this, Crazy part is I already know him. We met earlier in the day. I was walking to school with my headphones on and I bumped into him (UGH YOIR SO CLUMSY MATTHEW!!) I thought he was a normal guy at first. But he's blind. I helped him up and I may or may not have lost his cane, it's okay though, it landed in the neighbors yard. I said goodbye to him and ran to school. I didn't think I'd see him again but when the principal came in our class and he was at the door...I don't know my heart skipped a beat. Principal Haynes assigned me to be his guide for the rest of the term. Or until he gets sick of me. I'm really exited to have a friend at this school. Ever since the Jonny Incident I haven't been able to trust anyone. So I hope this thing that I'm working on with Eli actually works...'

By the time I finish writing in my little book that it's almost 20 minutes until class is over. Then I get to see Eli until our next separate class. All I did for the rest of class, was doodle in my sketchbook. I didn't know what to draw so I just let my mind free and let my heart and body glide the pencil across the page. I tuned out the world around me and focused on the task i had at hand. My doodle. for 10 minutes I did this. just stare into space while I let my hand do whatever it wanted on the page. "That's beautiful ,Matthew" I heard in my ear. I jumped up in fear and was about to punch something, but when I saw it was only my art teacher, i lowered my fist.

What was beautiful?

"Matthew, that drawing you did. It looks amazing, professional even. You would make a great artist one day." I was confused. Mr. Thomson pointed towards my lap and I looked down to see my sketchbook where I was SUPPOSEDLY just doodling. I was surprised when I saw a piece of work on the book.