Chapter 9

Anna's POV

Carlos and I walked into 2J holding hands. I wasn't quite sure as to why we were holding hands but I kind of liked it. "Hey Anna your rooms this way hun." Carlos let go of my hand and showed me to the guest room. It was a way nicer room than I had at home, or rather my old home. "Carlos its perfect thanks." I gave him a hug but when he went to pull away I wouldn't let him. So we just stood in an embrace. "So Carlos what are we going to tell the guys when they ask why I live here?" I backed away from him so I could see his face. He was staring back at me with hi beautiful dark eyes. "How 'bout we tell them that your dad went to visit some out of town family and you're staying here?" After thinking about it I agreed. "Yeah I guess that would work." Carlos looked down at me considering he was taller than me. "So Anna how about I go make us some lunch and you can unpack." I let go of Carlos and he turned to leave. "Carlos wait!" He turned back to look at me. I walked up to him and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank You." And without a word he left. Once he was gone I unpacked my bag, ready to start my new life.

Carlos' POV

I walked out of Anna's room dazed. I couldn't believe that she kissed me. Even though it was only on the cheek it gave me butterflies. As I was making sandwiches I was contemplating asking her out. I knew that she was going through a hard time but I think she would benefit from having a good time. After I finished making lunch Anna and I sat and ate in a comfortable silence. "Thanks for lunch Carlos. It was great." I looked up at her. I could tell that she was trying to put on a brave face but it was easy to see right through it. "It's no big deal. You want to watch a movie? The guys should be home soon anyways." I could sense that she was tense when I mentioned that the guys would be home soon.

She sat down on the couch while I put the movie in. In an attempt to make Anna smile I put one of her favourite movies in. When she saw which movie I had chosen she smiled. "She's the Man? I love this movie." I climbed onto the couch and hit play

Within half and hour Anna was snuggled against my side fast asleep. She actually looked at peace for once. Not wanting to wake her I carried her bridal style to her room and softly put her in the bed. When I got back to the living room the guys were coming in the door. Kendall looked at me once he was fully in the door. "Hey Carlitos! How ya feeling?" It took all of my energy not to yell at him for being so loud and almost waking up Anna. "I'm fine. Keep it down Anna's sleeping." Before they could even ask questions I continued. "She's staying with us for a while. Her dad is visiting family for a while." The guys just stared at me. I guess I had said that all in one breath.

Logan looked up at me with a smile on his face. "Sweet! I miss having her around." Logan was interrupted by the sound of Kendall's phone buzzing. He looked at the text he just received and focused back on us. "My mom said she's taking Katie back to Minnesota for the next two weeks. Some sort of mother daughter bonding thing. So I guess it's just us."

I was super excited to have some alone time with Anna. Maybe then I could ask her out.

The guys and I ate dinner but we just let Anna sleep/ I knew that she hadn't been sleeping much lately so I decided to leave her be. At about ten I decided to go to bed. Before I retired to the room Logan and I shared I checked on Anna. She was so cute when she slept. When I got back to my room Logan was already asleep. I quietly changed and went to sleep.

Anna's POV

I woke up in my bed crying and shaking. Another nightmare had woken me up. This time it was about my dad coming to find me but he ends up hurting the boys.

I tried to stop crying but the tears just kept coming. I did the only thing I knew that would calm me down. Go see Carlos. I didn't want to disappoint him by cutting again so I stuck to my promise by going to see him.

I walked into Carlos' room that he shared with Logan. Quietly I went over to his bed to find Carlos fast asleep. I slightly shook him. "Car-Carlos…wake up." It took him a few moments but he woke up. "Anna? Sweetie what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He pulled his covers u[ so I could lay next to him. I crawled in and he pulled me into a warm hug. I rested my head against his bare chest. "I had another nightmare. It was so scary." I started crying all over again. "Sh-sh-sh sweetie it's okay. He can't hurt you anymore. I won't let him." I dried my tears. Carlos always knew how to make me feel better. "thanks Carlos. Umm- can I stay with you tonight? I'm scared of being alone." I told him truthfully. "Hun of course you can stay with me." I snuggled into his side and he put his arms around me.

Logan's POV

I knew that I shouldn't listen in on Anna's conversation with Carlos. I was just worried about her. I couldn't understand as to why she went to Carlos when she had a nightmare instead of me. We had been friends for life; didn't she trust me? And who was this person who hurt her? Nobody hurts my Anna and gets away with it. I finally fell back asleep with thoughts of Anna consuming my head.