Pearl - lord

I hanged my purse on the doorknob after I came in my house, and then kicked off my shoes to the side. Sighing, I made it clear to him that I arrived before he appeared from the kitchen's door with his hands full of soap.

Oh lord, this man.

"Hello, you gorgeous," he smiled whilst whiping his hands with the towel previously on his shoulder.

I waved back.

"How was today?" He asked as he walked closer to where I sat. "Anything exciting?"

"A child lost his father," I rubbed my eyes with my hands then rested my head on his lap after he comfortably sat next to me. "I helped him."

"You found the dad?"

I nodded, closing my eyes.

"Your lawyer called today," he stated and I reopened my eyes and stared directly at him, lifting my head so that I'm not resting anymore. "About the divorce."

"What did he say?"

"Hunter is out of town," he rolled his eyes as if trying to tell me about the immaturity of my beloved (yet to be divorced of) husband. "He's refusing to sign the papers."

"He'll do them eventually," I encouraged but his smile was lopsided.

"Its taking too long," he breathed. "Plus, you have to work on the custody of the baby. Unless you want Hunter to have him--"

"No!"

"Then do something, Pearl. We're only wasting time."