Pearl - answers

I agreed on meeting up with Hunter though he had become a regular visitor at the restaurant.

I hated it but he seems to ignore my huffing every time his presence condenses my air.

"I want answers," he said. He said this sentence way too much when we were together. "Why didn't you come back?"

I cocked my brow. "Don't you think it's too late for all of this?"

"Just answer. Please."

"Because Hannah threatened me." And my baby.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"She was feeding you lies. Telling you that I don't need you when I actually did. She made an angel out of her self."

"That day," he looked away, thinking. "When I told you I need an hour to think, why did you leave?"

"Because she came in your house. I had no other option."

"I never took you for a coward," he shook his head. As if disappointed.

Too bad I don't care.

"I'm not," I smiled. "But I won't risk my life for a cheating Husband."

"You were out with William."

"Because she bloody set me with him. He was her friend."

Something passed his face. "Oh."

"Yes, oh," I threw out the most fake laugh I'd ever muster.

"You can go now," he dismissed me and I stood up, taking my purse to leave.

"Pearl," he called.

I turned and looked at him expectantly.

"Take care of Chris."