Aven - gaps

She came down the stairs in slow and careful steps but I didn't turn to look at her because Hunter looked like he was about to explode then shatter to millions of pieces.

I don't really mind but then I will have to clean.

"Oh Lord," he muttered and I'm sure now that she's fully standing in front of him. He's not clenching his fists around the the cushion of the couch anymore.

I turned around to look at my cupcake when I'm sure she put on her best makeup on, but it wasn't like that. I found myself uttering the same words Hunter said earlier.

I have no idea what has possessed her body but she's triple the size now. She doesn't look pregnant. She looks fat.

I bit my lips in to keep my laugh from escaping. "Baby," I said, extending my arm so she'd come and hold my head and be seated.

"You gained some weight," Hannah stated. Pearl smiled crookedly.

"Yeah, a little," she laughed. "How are you Hunter?"

He was still shocked. He couldn't even respond.

"Now that she's here, can you share what brought you here?"

"The divorce paper," Hunter's brain finally decided to function. "I'm not signing them, Pearl."

"I no longer want you in my life," she frowned. She looked devastated. Why?

"I do," He said. "I'm breaking up with Hannah."

He said this and she was right next to him.

He fucking said this while my fingers were filling the gaps between Pearl's.

I couldn't be more shocked in life.

*how do people do with people that they really love but not talk to often?*