Pearl - killing

"You didn't tell me that you two are coming," I told her and she sighed from the other side of the phone.

"I was going to tell you though."

"You and him cannot see me. You know why, Hannah."

"You know how he is, Pearl. He hates you, he doesn't want to see you," she said and I physically winced. Hate is a strong word.

"I'm saying, you know, coincidences happen."

"Don't make them happen then," she uttered before the phone went silent. That bitch.

Bitch.

Bitch.

Hunter's lover.

I threw the phone across the room and I saw as the screen shattered into pieces. Aven came running, opening the door slowly and looking unfazed by my reaction.

"What happened?" He asked calmly.

"She made him hate me!" I screamed. "They're coming to town but he wouldn't even like to see me!"

"Why would that bother you, sweetheart?" He came closer to me but I stepped back. I felt alone with his presence.

"She used to threaten me," I cried, walking back until my back touched the wall. I slid down and hugged my knees close to my chest. "She said she'd kill the baby if I came closer to them."

"When did that happen?"

"After I saw them together in Brooklyn. She came to me. She already knew William. She made him use me. She's the reason I'm broken. The reason my son is without a father."

He strolled inside the room and kneeled in front of me. "I told you I'll take Hunter's place."

I remained silent.

"Why haven't you done it?" He was intrigued.

"Done what?"

"The abortion."

I looked at him in shock and fear. A viscous mixture that was stuck in my throat, enabling me from breathing. I turned my head before dropping it on my knees again. I couldn't look at him. He was a monster.

Abortion meant killing my child. Cutting him into pieces.

He was okay with that.

The fucking bastard was okay with that.