fourty-two.

fourty-two.
[texts about good luck.]

12:09pm
matt is now texting: bro's before hoes (w/ the exception of aria)

matt: shIT wish me luck
matt: we're leaving in an hour or so AND IM ABOUT TO TALK TO HER MOM ABOUT THE BLESSING
matt: guys??
matt: wAkE uP i nEeD mY pARAbaTis
matt: fucking useless istg

dom: don't be mean we are here!!

alberto: good luck bro

harry: don't fuck it up :)

matt: how assuring

dom: BRO DONT STRESS MAN HER MUM WILL BE COOL WITH IT TRUSTTT

harry: you and your ugly British "mum" spelling ugh

dom: you americans and your ugly "mom" spellings ugh

matt: you ugly parabatais and your "not paying attention to me-ness" ugh

alberto: "not paying attention to me-ness?" rlly matt?

harry: shit saltdarrio is creeping back abort not paying attention

alberto: o yea
alberto: ok matt
alberto: if her mom says yes, then propose
alberto: if her mom said no, then elope

matt: thank you
matt: perfect plan
matt: 💯💯💯

harry: LISTEN
DONT STRESS
JUST BE HONEST OK

dom: yES JUST SAY YOU LOVE ARIA V V V MUCH

matt: yes

alberto: really exaggerate it

matt: no exaggeration needed
matt: i love her so so so much

harry: u guys are so cute it makes me sick

dom: right ?
dom: nOW GO

matt: OK OK BYE

Matt took a shaky breath, creasing out his shirt before entering the living room, where Eleanor was lounging across it, flicking through the tv channels.

To gain her attention, Matt lightly cleared his throat. Her head snapped towards the doorway where Matt stood, a broad smile appearing on her face. "Matt, hi, come in and sit." Removing her legs from the couch, she made room for Matt so sit, which he did ever so nervously.

"I was hoping I could speak to you about something, if you don't mind?" He politely asked, sitting down next to the
older woman — whom looked so much like Aria that it freaked him out.

"Of course, Matt. Go ahead." She said, putting down the remote control.

"W-well, I didn't exactly know how to say this, since I've been thinking about it for days and days, and in the end I decided to just be straightforward and cut to the chase." He paused for a second to regain his thoughts. Eleanor gave him an encouraging look, urging him to go on. With a deep breath, he said in one go, "I want to marry your daughter."

And all went silent. There wasn't a single sound apart from the cars outside, and the faint talking emitting from the TV. At first, he thought that she didn't hear him. Then soon after, he began to think the worst.

What if she disagreed?
What if she didn't want a pathetic excuse of a man to marry her daughter?
What if she thought that an Actor would never have time to have his own family, have a private life?
What if she thought that her daughter needed a man whom was always at home, and not disappearing off to Canada for months on end?

Just as Matt opened his mouth to apologise and call the whole thing off, Eleanor spoke up.
"Do you love her? And I mean, really love her?"

Without hesitation or a single thought, Matt nodded. "I do. More than anything else. She is quite literally the light in the darkness, as cheesy as it may sound. She's beautiful, she's funny, she's caring, she's smart, she has a wonderful personality and a smile that can captivate anyone within a mile radius. Her laugh is music to my ears; adorable and so contagious. I love her so much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

With that said, her mother sighed and clasped Matt's hand. "I can see how much you love her, and how much she loves you. She's constantly babbling on about you on the phone, bringing you in in every topic. The thing is, her last relationship didn't go so well, as I'm sure she told you. And I hear that neither did yours."

Matt nodded. "Esther, yeah."

[a/n: no hate on esther, i love her.]

With a dry chuckle, he added, "Cheated and left me."

Eleanor nodded in understanding, "So you see, I don't want either of you to make such a big desicion then it not working out. I want you both to be absolutely and completely ready for this. It's a life changer. So, Matt, are you ready for this? To get married? Start a family? Be a husband and a father?"

A few moments passed in silence, but Matt, never being more sure about anything in his life instantly said.
"I am."

With a grin and a laugh, she soon said the five words that made Matt sigh in relief.

"Then, you have my blessing."

-

[a/n: comment thoughts/etc for quicker updates.
ive been thinking about ending this at 50 chapters but idk??]