Chapter 13

“Ugh!” I shouted from the closet. They told me I was starting school on Monday.  The drama from Ash leaving had died down and I was now on full lockdown. Apparently at school one of them would be near me at all times unless in a bathroom, but they’re thinking about hiring some chick for that job too.

“Problems?” a female voice asked me.

“Um, yeah. I can’t seem to find my gun.”

“What? What gun?” She stuttered from the room.

“What do you want” I walked out to find some Barbie standing in the doorway with Jack next to her “and who are you?”

“Uh, hey Tam. This is Alicia, my um girlfriend….”

“Congratulations? And you’re here because?” I said starting to throw clothes on Ash’s bed.

“Oh, I just wanted to meet you. I’ve heard just wonderful things about you!” She said in a very fake voice but Jack looked pacified. So maybe that was just her normal disgusting voice, “I was just wondering if we could hang out for a little while?”

“I’m kind of busy right now, maybe a rain check.”

“Well how about we talk for a couple of minutes and then I’ll leave.” She was practically begging me.

“Yeah sure, whatever.” I mumbled to no one in particular.

“YAY! Ok bye Jack!” then she ran and sat on the bed next to all my clothes.

“Ok, I’ll be down stairs. Knock on the door and George will let you out.”

“Oh he will, sweet!” I shouted as he closed the door. He opened the door back up, stuck his head back in, glared at me for a few seconds, then left mumbling a few words to George. “So, Alicia right? What’s up?”

“Oh don’t pretend to be innocent. I know you want Jack, but you won’t get him. Because he’s mine, M-I-N-E mine! Ever since you got here, all I hear from Jack is Tam this and Tam that blah blah blah! So, just get my boyfriend out of your head!” She said it all so fast I thought I had just dreamed it. I stood there for a good few seconds.

Then I wittily responded “Puh-lease! Me, want Jack. As if, and you can keep him as yours because he wouldn’t be worth fighting over even if I did like him. And Tam this Tam that, is him not me. That sounds to me like he’s the one who’s obsessed, not me! Plus why would I want your boyfriend, if I have my own!”

She looked confused for a second, then stood up and replied “Oh yeah, who?”

“George!” I didn’t have time to think, I just said the first name that popped into my head.

“Oh, I had no clue. Let’s bring him in here then.” She walked ove to the door and knocked. George popped his head in and looked around.

“Yes Ladies?” He asked still looking around like an idiot.

“Tam was just telling me about your relationship.” He looked at me and raised his eyebrows, I gave him a pleading look and instantly I regretted it.

“Oh yes, I love my little Ga-Ga!” He said smiling and coming and wrapping me in a hug. She looked confused and then got over it.

“Oh my, you two are just sooo cute! We have to double date, I know how you never really get out and it would just be perfect!”

“Oh that’s an amazing idea but I’m sure the boys would never want to.” I tried to get myself out of this but well one white lie can turn into a white shark.

“Oh, nonsense.  Tonight we are going to dinner and a movie. See you later and we’ll get ready together!” She ran out of the room and shut the door.

“Oh my god George I’m so sorry. Oh my gosh, your girlfriend is going to kill me.”

“Eh, no girlfriend. So a movie and dinner can’t be too bad, so go make yourself look pretty for our first date baby.” He said emphasizing the baby to irritate me. He walked out and locked the door.

Oh great, a date………