Chapter Twenty One

Sodapop's POV:
I couldn't believe my eyes.
"Hey there handsome." Sandy said sweetly.
"Uh, hi!" I tried to sound happy. I heard some rustling on the ground. Isabella was getting up.
"Thanks for the help." She said wiping the dirt off her pants. She looked at me.
"Sorry." I said.
"It's fine. I didn't know you have a guest." She said, looking at Sandy.
"I didn't know either." My palms were starting to sweat.
"Uh what are you doing here?" I asked her.
"Uh." Sandy said, pointing at Isabella. I turned to Isabella.
"Babe can you give us a minute?" I asked her in a whisper. She had her arms across her chest.
"Fine," She rolled her eyes. "I'll wait over there." She said pointing to the big tree. She walked away. She seemed so mad or annoyed by something. Probably because of Sandy. I turned back to her.
"What are you doing here?" I asked her.
"Sodapop, I came back to apologize."
"For what?" I asked.
"You know. Don't make me say it. It brings back memories. Bad ones." She said.
"Look, I know you want to apologize but that's too late now. You do not know how much you hurt me. It put me through a really bad depression. It was hard to stay happy for Ponyboy. Knowing all the problems we are going through, I didn't want to worry him." I said sadly.
"I'm so sorry babe." She said sadly.
"I don't know if I can forgive you." I said.
"Please." She said. She put her hands on my shoulders.
"Look, you broke my heart. Sandy, I was planning to propose to you! Then you just throw away our relationship! How could you?" I said.
"I'm sorry." She said again.
"Is that all you can say?! Sorry?! I want an explanation to why you did this." I started getting teary eyed.
"Fine. I didn't this because... I was held captive?" She said.
"The truth, Sandy." I said.
"Okay! A little birdie told me that you were cheating on me. I got really upset so I cheated on you so I can get back at you. Turns out it didn't go out well when I found out I was pregnant so I had to run away to Florida with the boy so my parents or you won't find out. Then like he started getting really irresponsible so I had to dump him. I also had to give my baby away to the orphanage because I couldn't take care of her myself. I would ask my parents but they were already furious with me when I told them I was pregnant. I'-i'm sorry." She started to cry.
"It's been really hard for me Sodapop. I came back to see if I can get back together with you so we can be a happy couple again. Well, it's too late now." She said.
"Sandy, I never cheated on you. Whoever told you this, was a liar. I loved you so much. And if fact...I never stopped." I stopped talking after I said that last sentence. Did I really just say that?! Out loud?!!
"R-really?" She said with a little sniffle.
"Uh, y-yeah." I stuttered.
"I'm sorry Sodapop. I really am." She said.
"How do you know you're really sorry?" I asked. She opened her mouth but no words came out. She looked at me with teary eyes and grabbed my face and kissed me passionately. I was shocked. I was so stupid because I didn't do anything to stop it. I just... Let it happen.

Isabella's POV:
I was getting impatient so I walked out from behind the tree and I found Sodapop kissing Sandy! I couldn't believe my eyes. I knew I shouldn't of trusted him. I started to cry. I didn't say anything. I just walked away crying hard but quietly.

Sodapop's POV:
Sandy pulled away after 10 seconds.
"Sandy." I whispered.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't of done that." She said.
"Done which one?" I asked.
"Cheat on you and kiss you 10 seconds ago." She said.
"It's fine." I said.
"Look, I know you don't want me back. I can tell. It's okay. Your new girlfriend seems really cool. She's really pretty. I'm glad you found someone really amazing. I hope we can still be friends." She said smiling but with watery eyes.
"I'd like that. Oh and I'm sorry about your boyfriend. You deserve someone better." I smiled. She nodded.
"I'll see you around." She said.
"Me too." I said. She gave me a hug and walked away. I didn't know what to say or do at that moment. I called Isabella. She told me she was going to be behind a tree. I went to the tree but she wasn't there. Damn it. Did she see me kiss Sandy?! Or Sandy kiss me?! What have you done now Sodapop?! Ugh. I ruin everything!

There you go! I an actually very very proud of this chapter.❤
Hope you like it!💖