Chapter Seventeen

Isabella's POV:
(A/N: Still her thoughts)
I felt my eyes opening a little. But then they were closing again. Open. Close. Open close. Finally, after like three times of opening and closing, I could open them. (A/N: End of her thoughts)

I woke up with a burning headache. I found myself lying in a hospital bed. I looked around to see my mom, sister, Kylie, and Melissa were sleepimg. What time was it? I looked at the clock and it was 3am. All I remember was smoke, locked door, and everything going dark. I looked down and shook my head a little. I wanted to go home.
"Mom?" I asked to see if she would wake up. She woke up slowly.
"Isabella?" She asked. I nodded and smiled. She cheered and walked over to me to give me a gentle hug. She kissed my forehead.
"I'm so happy you're okay." She said, smiling. I smiled back.
"When can I go home?" I asked. She smiled.
"Soon, honey. Soon." My mother said. That made me feel better. The doctor came in.
"Isabella Summers?" He asked. I looked at him.
"Yes?" I asked.
"We checked your test results and there were toxic chemicals in that...gas you inhaled. You might need to stay a couple of days to get checked." He explained.
"How long will that be, doctor?" My mom asked.
"Probably like three or five days." He said. My mom and I looked at each other. She took my hand.
"It will be alright." She said, sadly.
"It will. I know it will." I said, smiling. She kissed my hand.
"Thank you doctor." She said. He smiled and left.
"Sweetie, I have to get going to a meeting with a friend. But I'll be back ASAP." She said. She kissed my forehead and waved goodbye. I watched her as she left. Kylie went and sat next to me.
"Hey, Isabella." She said, in a whisper.
"Hey." I mouthed.
"There's something I need to tell you but I don't think it's the right time." She said.
"Tell me. I am already in a weird mood." I said. I coughed.
"Okay. So after I tell you this, please don't go off and kill the person. You dig?" She said.
"Alright. But where would I go?" I asked. She chuckled.
"Alright so," she gulped. "When I found out about what happened to you, I felt devastated and scared. So Melissa and me went to the hospital, this hospital, we were outside when Melissa told me to go tell your boyfriend. I didn't want to go but she made me. So I went to the station and found out... Sodapop making out with a girl." Kylie said. I was mad on the inside but I was sad on the outside.
"Are you sure that was him?" I asked. I asked. She nodded.
"The dude wears flannels, right?" She asked. I nodded.
"Then yes, that was him." She said. I started tearing up. Kylie hugged me gently.
"If you want I could go kill him for you." Kylie said nicely.
"No, it's fine." I said.
"What are you going to do?" She asked.
"I don't know. Probably ignored him." I said looking down. Kylie looked around the room. Then back at me.
"Cuz, I take karate and I have a black belt so I can do the crane kick on him." She explained. I chuckled.
"I don't think so. Maybe I'll just ignore him for a while." It was impossible to be sad when Kylie was over here being funny.
"Alright. So, do you know what exactly happened in the bathroom?" Kylie asked.
"All I remember was going to the bathroom, washing my hands, hearing a beeping noise, trying to leave, door being locked, falling down, then everything going dark." I said.
"Do you know how that beeping noise started?" Melissa asked. I almost forgot she was here.
"I was in the stall, then I heard the door open, I heard a metal thing being put on the floor, then the door closing." I said to Melissa.
"But did you see any metal things on the floor?" Kylie asked.
"Not that I remember." I said. They both nodded.
"We have to find out who put it there." I said.
"Yeah. I don't want anyone hurting my best friends." Kylie said.
"Yeah, me too." Melissa said.
"That's why I love you guys." I told them, smiling. They smiled back.
"We love you too." Melissa said.
"She loves me more." Kylie said.
"What? No." Melissa said. They started arguing.
"Guys. Guys!" I shouted. They stopped and looked at me.
"I love both of you the same. Now stop arguing and come over here and hug me." I said, holding out my arms. They giggled and each of them came on different sides of my hospital bed and hugged me gently.
"Thank you guys." I said. I can tell they smiled.
"No need to thank us." Kylie said.
"We'll always be here for you." Melissa said. My friends are truly the greatest friends anyone could ever have!

There you go! Sorry it's late. I have been busy, I also have been procrastinating a lot, also I am having writer's block so...sorry💕 i'll try to procrastinate less.