Chapter Twenty Six

~~3 days later~~

Isabella's POV:
Today was Aubrey's birthday party! Mom told me to take Aubrey to her favorite places.

First I took Aubrey to the arcade.
"Thank you for taking me here." Aubrey said.
"No problem. Anything for the birthday girl." I smiled.

After a few more places, my mom called me to come home. It was surprise time.

Sodapop's POV:
"Come on guys we don't want to be late!" I said, fixing my tie.
"Fuck it. I'm staying." Dallas said.
"No. You're coming." I said.
"It won't be bad." Johnny said.
"Ugh. Fine." He groaned.

We walked to Isabella's house.
"Is it too late to back out?" Dallas asked.
"Yup." I said. Ms. Summers opened the door.
"Hello, gentleman." She said with a soft voice.
"Hey. Is the party or what?" Dallas asked roughly. Steve hit his back.
"Sorry about him. Isabella invited us to Aubrey's eighth party." Darry asked.
"Oh yeah. Come in. I'll let you know when Isabella comes. Well everybody." She laughed. She reminded me a lot of my mother. Kind, sweet and beautiful.
"Thank you." Johnny said.
"Wait. Who's the boyfriend here. Isabella told me she had one and that he lived next door."
"It's me. I live next door with my two brothers. Darry and Ponyboy." I said pointing to them.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Charlotte Summers." She said.
"I'm Sodapop Curtis." I said smiling.
"That's unique. Come in gentleman." She said opening the door more.
"Thank you." Darry said smiling.

We all went inside and there were like ten kids. I laughed on the inside because I wanted to see how Dallas reacted.

Dallas's POV:
Shit. There were like about ten kids. I was about to run out but Darry held me back.
"Can we get the hell out of here?" I whispered to Two-Bit.
"Give them five minutes. I bet you can't go through this whole party without snapping. If you do, you have to baby sit my sister for two weeks." Two-Bit poke my chest.
"Fine fine." I said.
"Okay, everybody. Party's outside!" Mrs. Summers announced.

We all went outside and there were balloons, food table, and a bounce house. Gross. Too happy.
"This is suppose to be happiness?"
"I guess." Darry said.
"Ooo chocolate cake! DIBS!!!" Steve yelled. He was about to jump on the cake but Darry held him back.
"I think, cake is the last thing at a party." Sodapop said.
"Not even a little bit?" Steve whined.
"Stevo, shut up." I said.
"Fine fine." Steve said.

A few minutes into the party, a little girl came running our saying: "Isabella and Aubrey is here!!"
"Quick everyone hide!" A lady said. Everyone hid while I just grabbed a plate and put it in front of my face. But someone pulled me down under the table. It was Sodapop.
"You have to hide with some excitement." Steve said. I rolled my eyes and just sat under the table waiting for the girls to come.

Ponyboy's POV:
Me and Johnny were hiding in the bounce house. It was a castle shaped one and it was big and cool!
"Pony, I have an idea." Johnny said.
"What is it?" I asked.
"You'll see." He said. I nodded.

After a few seconds later, Isabella and Aubrey came in.
"SURPRISE!!" Everyone yelled. Johnny and I went sliding out of the bounce house.

Sodapop's POV:
Me and Steve were gonna jump up and yell surprise but we almost forgot we were under the table so we hit our heads. Dallas laughed. Steve and me just crawled out and yelled surprise.

Two-Bit's POV:
I was hiding behind a tree and I almost tripped when I yelled surprise.

Darry's POV:
I'm not a big fan of surprises so I just hid behind a chair and then I yelled surprise.

Aubrey's POV:
When I walked in, I admit I got pretty scared when my whole family yelled surprise. But I also was happy. I looked around and saw the gang here too.
"Thank you guys!" I yelled to everyone. My mom walked over to me and hugged me.
"I hope you like the theme." She said, smiling.
"Princess themed! Thanks mom!" I said, hugging her.
"No problem. I hope you enjoy. Go have fun!" She said. I ran to my friends.