Chapter Seven

Isabella's POV:
The sun rose up the next morning. Ugh. Monday. I have my first day of school today. My new school.

I got up at 6am to get ready. I put on a light blue shirt and black leggings. I went downstairs to eat breakfast with mom and Aubrey. 

"So, are you ready for your first day of school?" My mom asked me.
"Nervous but ready." I said.
"When will I go to school?" Aubrey asked.
"When you turn 5 next year, you will start pre-k." I said to her.
"But school seems fun!" She whined.
"Yeah, but once you past 2nd grade, it gets harder." I said.
"How?" She asked.
"Well, more homework, more tests, more studying." I said.
"Sounds howwible." She said.
"Oh it is." I nodded.
"Isabella, you better start heading out." Mom said.
"You're right. See ya later guys." I told my mom and Aubrey. I walked out the door. I wonder if Sodapop goes to the same school.

As I made it to the school, I walked inside looking around. The school was so big, I could live there. I looked at my schedule which had my locker number on it. It was #224. I went looking for it. I finally found it. I opened it and started putting my supplies in.
"Isabella?" I heard someone behind me say. I turned around to find Ponyboy looking at me.
"Oh hey Ponyboy." I said, smiling.
"I didn't know you were going to go here." He said.
"What other school would I go to?" I joked.
"How do you like it here so far?" He asked.
"Even though I have only been here for five minutes, it's okay. Hey have you seen Sodapop around?" I asked. I had to ask that?!
"Well, uh. No. But there is something you should know." He said. I nodded.
"He's a um... Dropout." He said.
"Really?" I asked surprised.
"Yeah. He works at a gas station. To earn money." He said.
"I'm sorry to hear that." I said.
"It's okay. It's not your fault." He said. I nodded.
"So uh, do I have any classes with you?" I asked.
"Depends, what grade are you in?" Ponyboy asked.
"I'm in tenth." I said.
"Oh. I'm in ninth." He said.
"You seem a little young to be in ninth. You're 14 right?" I asked.
"Yeah, I skipped a grade. I'm suppose to be in eighth." He said, smiling.
"Smart boy. I like that." I said.
"Thank you." He said. I nodded and closed my locker.
"I'll see you around." I said smiling and walking away. He's so kind and sweet.

I made it to room #418 which was my first period, history. I walked inside to find only a teacher with dirty blonde hair, light blue eyes, and glasses. There were no students.
"Hi, are you Mrs. Charleston?" I asked politely.
"Depends, who are you?" She asked, strictly.
"Uh, I'm Isabella Summers and I just moved here. I am in your class." I said. She stood up.
"May I see your schedule?" She asked. I made a weird look on my face and gave her my schedule. She put on her glasses and started examining the classes.
"Ah yes, you are in my class. I am Mrs. Charleston. But my class doesn't start for another 10 minutes. Go on, leave my classroom and have your free period. Come when the bell rings." She said, strictly again. I nodded and walked out. Great, she's like my old history teacher Mr. Bankoon. I don't need another one of her. I thought. In the mean time, I walked around the school looking at trophies, artwork, and classrooms. This school was pretty nice.

Finally, the bell rang for first period. I walked to the history class. I walked in and only 3 students were already in there. I sat down in the middle. A girl came and sat next to me.
"Oh, Kylie since you sat next to Isabella, give her your notes." Mrs. Charleston said. Kylie nodded.
"Hey, I'm Kylie." She said, sweetly. She had straight dark brown hair with coffee brown eyes.
"I'm Isabella." I said, smiling.
"Here are the notes. Test is in 5 days. Good luck." She chuckled. I think I'll like this girl. I started writing down the notes.

After class, I walked with Kylie through the halls.
"You're going to like it here." She said.
"Hopefully." I said. She smiled.
"So, you just moved here?" She asked.
"Yeah, from Chicago." I said.
"Cool." She said. We started talking a lot after that. We became really good friends.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Isabella's POV:
After school, I went home. Obviously.
"Oh, Bella. Sodapop bwought you this." Aubrey said. I was walking in.
"What is it?" I asked, putting my backpack down.
"It's in the kitchen." She said. I nodded and walked in the kitchen. It was chocolate cake.
I read what was on it:

Just wanted to say can't wait to see you Friday! See you s-

The rest was smeared.
"Aubrey? Why is it smeared?" I asked.
"Gaut?" She asked. I saw her face was covered in cake.
"Really Aubrey?" I whined.
"Sowwy, you know I love cake." She said. I wiped some cake off her face.
"I'm going to thank him. Be right back. Wait, where's mom?" I asked Aubrey.
"She is cleaning the bathwoom." Aubrey said. I nodded and walked out.

I saw Sodapop outside laying on the grass looking at the sky. My perfect time to go talk to him. I walked over to him.
"Hey Sodapop." I said. He smiled.
"Hey." He said.
"Mind if I sit?" I asked. He shook his head. I smiled and sat next to him. He sat up.
"I came to say thank you for the chocolate cake." I said.
"No problem. Just wanted to make you smile." He said.
"What was that?" I asked.
"I wanted to make you smile." He said, looking straight in my eyes. I blushed.
"You did make me smile." I said.
"Yay!" He said. I chuckled.
"I really can't wait for Friday." I admitted.
"Me neither. You are really fun to hang out with." He said. I blushed.
"Same here." I said. He smiled. We couldn't stop smiling.
"Well I should get going. See ya later." I said. He stood up.
"See ya then." He said. I smiled. Then out of no where (which I didn't expect) Sodapop kissed my cheek quickly. He pulled away quickly.
"Sorry. I didn't mean to." He said, blushing looking down.
"It's fine. See you...later." I said, smiling and walking away. I can't believe he did that. *squeals*

Hope you like it! Sorry it's bad