Chapter Eight

Friday

Isabella's POV:
The week went by fast. School was boring but it was also okay. I only made three friends. Kylie, Ponyboy, and Melissa. They're fun to hang out with.

Today, Friday was the day I would have my second date (I call it that) with Sodapop. I was so excited. I haven't talked with him after he kissed me on the cheek. I enjoyed it BTW.

I got ready. I put on black jeans, a yellow shirt, and my blue denim jacket. I put my hair in a side braid as well. I made sure my make up was on point. It was about 5pm when Sodapop came.
"Hey, you look great." He said, looking at me.
"Thank you." I said, blushing.
"You ready to go?" Sodapop asked.
"Yeah." I said. He smiled at me and we walked out.

We finally made it to the drive in.
"Hey, just out of curiosity, what movie are we watching?" I asked.
"We'll watch whatever is playing. If it's okay with you."
"It's fine." I said. He handed me my snacks. He smiled and nodded. The movie started. It was called, 'The Great Pain'. It sounds scary. Great. I hate scary movies. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to look like a wimp.

After 30 minutes into the movie, this part came on where this serial killer started cutting a man's head off slowly with a chainsaw! I jumped and covered my eyes.
"Woah are you okay?!" Sodapop asked.
"Y-yeah, f-fine." I whimpered. I looked at him in the eyes.
"Hey don't worry. It's just a movie." He said in a whisper. I smiled. We were staring in each other's eyes. I looked at his jawline which was so much sharper than my future. I tilted my head slightly and it seemed like he was leaning in closer to me. I gasped quietly but let things happen. Our lips connected slowly with a passionate feel. Then, we separated after 30 seconds. We stared at each other.
"Sodapop, i-i like you." I finally said.
"I like you too, Isabella." He said. I blushed. I did not know what to do at that moment. He smiled.
"What now?" I asked.
"Uh...look! Movie's over." He said, pointing to the screen.
"Great! I mean, alright." I said. He stood up and reached out his hand. I took his hand. I stood up and we started walking home.

We made it to my lawn.
"Thank you for a fun time." I said, smiling. He smiled back.
"No. Thank you for teaching me how a great first kiss feels like." He said. I blushed. He smiled.
"Well, I better get home. Darry might be wondering where I am." Sodapop said.
"Alright. See you tomorrow." I said, smiling.
"Right back at ya." He said with a wink. He hugged me and walked away.

I walked in my house smiling. I looked at my phone. It was only 10pm. Surprisingly, my sister and my mom were still awake.
"How was youw date?" Aubrey said, playing with her doll on the floor.
"It was...magical." I said, smiling. She smiled back.
"Glad you had fun, dear." My mom said.
"Thank you." I said.
"I am going to bed. I feel tired. Goodnight guys." I said.
"Night night." Aubrey said.
"Sleep well Isabella." My mom said.
"I will." I said. I went to my room, changed, and quickly fell asleep. Another date gone great.

Hope you like this loves!❤