Break even

Ok So PLEASE READ!! im going to have Gabriel and Sang sing some of these songs and what not but I need you guys to know this first. Some of these songs will be "Them writing the song" but at the end of the chapter or song I will tell you the artist and the song they were singing. If it is a song that plays on the radio in the fictional world and our world I will have one of the charaters say the name. I am not trying to take credit for the songs and if I happen to forget to place the name at the end of the chapter please remind me. I hope that made sense. Now onto the chapter!

Gabriel's POV

I watch Sang through the hair that has fallen to into my eyes. Her eyes are glued to my fingers manipulating the strings of the guitar. I get to the chorus and watch as she starts to put the rest of her weight on her left hand. I stop all the notes and music coming from the guitar to look at her and give her a reassuring smile.

"You can lay down sweetie." I say quietly. She's still not completely comfortable with me yet but I want to change that right now.

She gives me a look and blushes, which makes me smile even more, and crawls to the head of the bed and lays her beautiful chameleon head on my pillow. I watch out of the corner of my eye and she discreetly sniffs my pillow and snuggles even farther into it.

"Gabriel?" Her tired voice reaches my ears. I stop playing again and look at her.

"Will you sing the words to it this time. Maybe if you do it will inspire us or something." She looks at me with those big green eyes of hers and watches me as I nod.

Im still alive but im barely breathing

Just praying to a god that I dont believe in

Cause i got time and she got freedom

Cause when a heart breaks, no it dont break even.

Her best days will be some of my worst,

She finally met a man thats gonna put her first,

While im wide awake she's no trouble sleeping.

Cause when a heart breaks no it dont break even, even no

What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you.

And

What am I supposed to say when im all choked up and your ok.

Im falling to peices yeah... Im falling to pieces..

They say bad things happen for a reason

But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding.

Cause she moved on while im still greiving...

And when a heart breaks no it dont break even even no...

I smile when I stop strumming the notes The Frays 'Breakeven' and look up to see Sang scribbling on the notebook she brought to write lyrics in.

"Whatcha got there trouble?" I say tilting my head. She looks up and gives me a blinding but shy smile.

"Well this is sort of an answer to that song." She says handing me the notebook. I read over the notes and feel my eyes widen as I go on.

"This is amazing. How did you write the lyrics so fast?" I say incredulous. She looks at the notebook with a beautiful blush on her face and shrugs. I want to tilt up her chin and tell her to stop doubting her abilities but I know it will make her insecurities worse and she will doubt herself more because she thinks that I was only saying that.

"Can you write the notes to it?" Her quiet voice asks. I look at the lyrics again but keep putting it to the beat of the last song even though I know these lyrics need to be slower.

"Can you sing it and then I'll put notes to the tune?" She nods but blushes and starts singing I feel myself relax at the sound of her soft, angelic voice. It has kind of a raspy quality but you have to really pay attention to know its there. Either way its gorgeous.

When you try your best, but you dont succeed.

When you get what you want, but not what you need.

When you feel so tired, but you cant sleep.

Stuck in reverse.

The tears come streaming down your face.

When you lose something you cant replace.

When you love someone, but it goes to waste.

Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones.

And I will try...

to fix you...

I have tears in my eyes by the time she's done singing. Its like she sang it directly to my soul and my past. Like she wants to be my guardian angel but doesnt know it yet.

Sangs POV

Oh God! Its so bad he's crying!

"Im So sorry!" I say my eyes starting to water. I thought it was pretty decent.

============

Coldplays Fix You