Chapter Sixteen

Henry was sitting at the kitchen table in his home one morning with his bowl of cereal growing soggy before him, when suddenly he was shook violently from behind.

"WH-wh-wh-wh-STOP!"

He was finally released, leaving him slightly dizzy as he turned his head to see his father standing behind him. 

"Why were you shaking me?!"Henry asked.

"Just checking to see if you were still alive." Sirius said before plopping down across from him at the table.

"You could have asked."

"I could have." Sirius replied. "What's wrong with you, Henry?"

"Nothing." Henry said, slightly puzzled by his father's questioning. 

"Well, that wasn't a pathetic lie at all."

Henry's face fell. "Nothing is wrong."

"You've been extremely quiet since getting home from school, normally you're running about, asking to go to Hope's home or hanging out with Hope during break. So, did something happen between you and Hope?"

"No. Why does everyone keep asking me that?"

"No reason, just figured that had to be the source of the problem since she hasn't been around here lately."

"It's not because of Hope." Henry said. "I'm fine. I've just been enjoying the time to sleep in, that's all. Hope doesn't let me sleep in at school."

"Right." Sirius replied with disbelief tucked into his tone. "Well, never mind, if you say you're fine, then I guess you're one hundred percent fine."

"What's going on in here?" Nixie asked coming into the kitchen, still in her pajamas as she had only woken up a few minutes prior to the conversation.

"Your son is just a fragile, insecure, neurotic, emotional mess." Sirius said standing up. "Nothing new."

He walked over and kissed her on the cheek before leaving the room before Nixie turned to her son.

"Are you alright, sweetheart?"

Henry groaned before dropping his head onto the kitchen table and banging it lightly.

"A simple yes or no would have suffice."

Arriving to the Burrow to spend Christmas, Henry was greeted at the door by Hope who was dawning her traditional Weasley jumper and a Santa hat that bounced as the door swung open.

"Ry!"

As soon as he saw her smile greet him, Henry's face lit up in amusement.

"Ope!"

"Nice jumper." she laughed as she noticed the light up jumper that he and his father were wearing. Meri stood behind him and Sirius with a triumphant look.

Hope reached out her hand and poked him and Sirius to activate the lights and music that were activated on the jumpers, playing Christmas carols.

Sirius and Henry made faces as Hope hummed along.

"Oh I love these Christmas jumpers."

"We should get you one." Sirius grumbled. "Here...take mine!"

"No thanks, Paddington." Hope told him before grabbing Henry's hand and skipping off back into the house.

"It's Paddwhac- I mean PADFOOT!"

Nixie gave Sirius a comforting pat before walking inside to greet everyone. 

"I was beginning to wonder if you were actually coming." Hope said to Henry as the two sat in the living room of the Burrow.

"Well of course I was, why would you think that?"

"I haven't heard you since we left school. Where have you been?"

Henry rubbed the back of his neck. "I was..just catching up on my beauty sleep."

"Lazy bones." she chuckled. "But it doesn't matter, you're here now. OH!" She said excitedly before twisting her torso around to grab something. "I have to show you what McGregor got me for Christmas!"

Henry  waited as she dug into the back pocket of her jeans. "Check it out..."

He held out his hands as she placed the present in his hands.

"Are these..personalized quidditch gloves?" Henry asked glancing them over.

"Yeah, pretty nice, huh?"

"Very." he replied curtly.

"I didn't think he was listening when I said that I wanted to get a pair , but I definitely told him it wasn't a good idea to get them."

"Because of how you're always losing them?"

"Exactly."

"Well....don't lose these Hope..." Henry said with a forced smile. "You know he probably paid a decent amount for these."

"You're right." she said before tucking them into her back pocket. "You think I should get him something in return?"

"No."

She gave him a look.

"I mean, no because...well...if you want to, it's up to you really."

"Meh, I'll think about it, maybe I'll make him a gift basket from the shop or something." she shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure what he likes outside of quidditch that much."

Henry didn't say anything else on the subject before Elliot joined them on the floor.

"You okay, Henry? You look a little pale."

"I'm fine!"

"Okay, okay!"

Elliot looked to Hope for an explanation but she only shrugged, seemingly just as confused as he was.

"Hey do you want to open one of your presents early?" Hope asked Henry as the two were left alone once Eliza arrived with Stella and Elliot found himself distracted.

"Can I?"

"Of course!" Hope said reaching under the Christmas tree and handing it to him. "It's not one of your big gifts, so I doubt anyone is going to have a problem."

She handed him the small box.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Open it, GuppyPuppy and you'll see."

He smiled before opening it up and gasped. "Awww Ope Hopey Dopey! You shouldn't have."

He pulled out his favorite bottle of conditioner that left his hair feeling amazing. 

"I thought you might like it."

"Wait, you need to open one of yours then!" he said. "I think you like this one!"

She waited until he placed a small box in her hands.

"Don't shake it." he warned her as he watched her lift it up to her ear.

Instead, she proceeded to open it.

"Aww..Ry Ry!" she couldn't help but laugh really hard as she pulled out the ornament. "Is it a hippogriff mixed with a mermaid?"

"You bet it is."

"It's a HippoMaid! Best Christmas gift ever."