chapter 8 |✓

Rafael

It's been two weeks since I meet Rita, and it's been heaven since then taking my breath every moment she can. 

I decided to lengthen my vacation and take Rita with me to Italy so I can take care of her , the girl is seriously lost about anything that is human civilisation  and I took it upon me teach her everything then we went and registered her into the Italian government to settle her judicial status. but there is something weird about her last name that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

Her last name is Castro speaks for itself a pure italien and even though the good side in me knows if I dig deep enough I will find her family but the other side the winning side tells me to keep her all to myself she is god's gift to me and I should not abandon her by giving her back to those who abandoned her first and didn't know her value.

I was brought back from my reverie by a squealing sounds coming from the subject of my thoughts.

 Today is her birthday and I promised her we will go out and meet the guys later for dinner. I pulled up at the curb and started unbuckling , I noticed that Rita was unmoving absorbed by something from the window "Rita you okay?" " yeah ,yeah I am fine" then she smiled uneasily before adding" it's just the restaurent looks like the other one that we dined in in america" " oh yeah I know it's because this restaurent too is owned by Zachary" noticing her fidgety state I let the thing slide and instead of voicing my thoughts I told her "let's go the guys must be inside waiting"

upon entering the restaurent, Me and Rita  were directed to our private table and true to my words  the guys were already there waiting for us and after an exchange of pleasantries we ordered our food.

An hour later, plates are no longer full, table buzzing with talks and the birthday is almost over. "presents time" Nathan screamed a second after Rita finished her own part of cake effectively startling her. I glared at him "Would you calm the Fuck down for god's sake it's not even your birthday" he shrugged at me as Rita said defending him "No it's okay Rafaello I myself excited about gifts" I took a deep breath exchanged my glare with a smile to her to ease her worry and let her know I am no longer angry at Nathan. 

"Okay I will start" Xander said and then pulled from his side a fancy bag with Chopard written on it in cursive way and handed it to the pretty girl sitting beside me "for you Mikró korítsi" she took the bag from his hand as she pulled out carefully an elegant jewelry box. Seeing her stupefied expression I nudged her to open it and to her utter surprise but my utter unsurprise a fancy white golden set of ten rings laid on piece of milky silk "Oh my god Xander thank you but I can't really accept it it seems expensive" mio piccolo screeched, Zack and Nathan  snickered as I said " yeah Xander too expensive she can't accept it" Alexander glared at me before he turned to Rita and said "it's okay you can and you will accept it Rita" then he added "After all it's your first birthday with us" finding no way out Rita accepted the gift and thanked him deeply.

 "then now it is my turn" Zack said  and he handed her a fancy box one like Xander's but it is cube shaped. she took it from him sending a grateful smile on his way before she opened the box that held a harry Winston watch. leather straps, encrusted with small cut rosy diamonds on its round edges and rose gold colour. overall it speaks of elegance and simplicity like the birthdays girl.
I hate to admit it but the watch is good making me more nervous about my own gift as if my insecurities and Alexander weren't enough. 

"Well honestly Zack I think this a bit too much but I am sure you'll say the same as Alexander so instead I am going to tell you thank you" in response of my Bambina's thanking Zack smiled and said in his native tongue "Mon plaisir madame"

"Leaving the best to the last as usual" Nick started "a perfume personally made to offer the best for the best, a collaboration between my own mediocre company and the one that belongs to Dior, to create this masterpiece." and he finished his mini speech with a small bow representing the said perfume to Rita who looked thoroughly amused by his show. Bambina took the fragrance from his outstretched hands, pressing a few times on her wrist and she breathed the scent deeply.

I stared amazed at the scene that looked like it was picked from advertisement, the way she took off the lid ,the way she sprayed delicately a few drops on her milky inner wrists and the way she approached her nose to the sprayed spot elegantly. Oh god it was glimpse from heaven and I wanted more. 

I didn't even realise she finished thanking Nathan and now everyone looking at me. 

I then cleared my throat and started "As you said nick leaving the best for the last" to which Nick glared and I shrugged him off "Okay Rita here is my gift, I noticed you really want to finish your studies get job and be an active society member, right?" I asked to which she nodded slowly I let out a small breath didn't know I was holding as I continued "and I made it my mission to let your wishes be your reality and as of now you are business student in Harvard and voluntary member in Castiglione animal shelters" I didn't get to finish my talk as she surprised me and jumped on me hugging me tightly "Oh Rafaello thank you" I returned the hug shortly after I recovered from my shocked state and kissed her temple.