Chapter 11 |✓

Rita

Finishing off my look with tear shaped earings, I twirled in front of the mirror to check out myself honestly, I did look good in body shaped dress under the knee length that Rafael sent me and I paired it with one of the few high heels that I bought secretly but still that was not enough to calm down my heart and I Know it is not the first time that me and Raf have dinner alone but its cause made the occasion more formal than usual.

At seven o'clock sharp, a knock on my door resonnated through my apartment. An apartment that situated under Rafael's penthouse. He said he wanted to give me independence hence living alone but also he wanted me safe hence why I am an elevator level away. I opened the door and found Alfonso standing on the other "Alfonso how are you doing?" I inquired I loved the man he was all grandfather type and it is hard to not to grow fond of him especially with his thick Italian accent "I am fine signora thank you for asking. Master ordered me to take you to the restaurant and meet you there signora." I gave him a look as I looped his extended arm with mine "Alfonso how many times do I have to tell you to call me Rita. It is weird for me to have an elder addressing me so formally when I am calling him by his first name it's rude. Do you know what my father used to say?" he shook his head " 'Elders should be always respected and not because they always deserve it but because life has already been hard on them so you may at least be whether the one who change their mind or the confirmation they needed to continue in believing'." "Tu padre is a person of wise words signora but only quran can make me change my work ethics" he said as he opened the limousine's door for me.

As soon as I stepped into the fancy italian restaurant, I knew that Rafael has rented the whole place either that or he is the owner. I shook my head as I saw the hostess came towards me "please this way ms. Follow me if you may." she said professionally, a first may I add, usually I would be at the receiving end of glares and let me tell you it ain't no fun especially when you are trying to form a friendship. And I learned the lesson in the hard way.

Flashback

" hey Rita, I am Elizabeth Knight the heiress to Knight Inc. I hope we can be friends." a red hair girl said to me suddenly when I was busy collecting my stuff I looked up and realised she is one of the popular people around the college. Feeling weirded out by her request yet flattered I ignored the fact that she knew my name and introduced myself agreeing to her request.

A month later we were closer than ever, she is always in my apartment we read each other's messages well more like she read my conversation with Rafael and I would be answering her questions about it . Weird enough our discussions were always about Rafael and would scold me when we meet Rafael because he would be ignoring her saying he pities me for I have no friends so he must talk extra to me.

Did I mention that Rafael didn't like her at all he said she is bad influence well sure she is always partying, never seen her study and had many boyfriends but I believe we should never judge people so we may or may not had a fight over ending my friendship with her But I didn't.

One day she asked me to invite Rafael for dinner over the weekend since we are  best friends now I agreed. Skipping forward to Friday night liza is looking stunning in a halter red mini dress and her hair and make up are on point well they had to be since she got them done in a salon as for me I was in a white crop top and skinny jeans since liza said it's useless for me to dress up.

We were in the living room when her phone rang, she picked it up and went to another room. A seconds later, there was a knock on the door I went to open it finding Rafael there I gave him a big smile and I let him in I wish I could have hugged him but Elizabeth said it's inappropriate if he was not my boyfriend. "hey Rafael, want anything before we out?" I asked him he gave me a troubled look like he wanted to say something before he shook his head "No I am okay. call your friend we should go now. we are already running late." "actually she is in the other room." "Naturalmente come stupido da parte mia (Of course how dumb of me)" I heard him mutter "I will go up and tell her." then I left before he gives another snide remarks in his native tongue.