One Last Kiss

She woke up in her bed, the sun shone in through the curtain, she sat up looking beside her Nathan slept soundly, his nude chest heaving at every long breath he took. Jane smiled as she looked at him, his slight stubble on his perfect jawline and up his cheeks, his lips slightly parted, and his strong chest, she lay beside him tracing the snake tattoo on his chest. He began moving around opening his eyes wrapping his arms around Jane's waist, moving mindless circles around her skin. "Morning."

"Hello." She said happily sitting up from the comfortable position.

"Last night was—wow." Jane blushed at the thought of last night's event, she giggled and stood up from the bed heading over to the washroom, stepping the shower feeling the hot water run down her cold body, she stepped out wrapping her small body in a warm towel, walking out into her bedroom. Nathan still lay in bed looking at his phone, she began changing into her work place clothes. A flowing skirt and a tight tank top that was soon to be covered by a blazer. She looked at Nathan.

"You coming to work?" He looked up from his phone, his expression had changed, he now looked...terrified.

"What happened?"

"You're in danger."

"What?" He jumped up putting on his clothes and gripped her wrist.

"We have to go."

"But my father he is in the hospital." Nathan smiled.

"We can go there, we can go to the hospital and hide there, they wouldn't dare harm those who are already hurt right? Right?" He gripped her shoulders and shook her. Jane pushed him away.

"Are you drunk?" He ran out of the house gripping her wrist tightly. He turned to her, and kissed her.

"I have to go." She shook her head.

"No I'm not letting you leave you're drugged, you're crazy!" She yelled pushing him back, he shook his head.

"I love you alright, but—I—I have to go." He kissed her one last time before jumping into the black car in the driveway, he put it ignition, Jane checked her pockets looking for her keys but instead she found a piece of folded paper.

"That bitch." She whispered and drove away, never looking back.