Heartbeats

My surgery went well. Emmi is having her appendix removed, because she has appendicitis. I am about to have my first bout of Chemo. Dad is in here with us while Emmi is in surgery. The doctor comes in and inserts the needle into my port. He then tells me to roll over before inserting a needle into my back. The chest wasn't very painful, but my back hurt like hell! Dad vlogged while Mom let me squeeze her hand as I cried in pain. Finally, it was over and I drifted into sleep.

About an hour later, I wake up and end up puking into the bucket. Vomiting is a side effect.

Just as I look up from the bucket, Emmi is rolled in, still asleep. She looks peaceful and I want to give her a hug. About an hour later, we eat lunch and Emmi wakes up to her lunch next to her. She finished her lunch and we watch tv for a little while.

"Mom, can I sit in Avia's bed?" she asks innocent and sweet.

"If its ok with Avia, then I don't see why not." Mom replied. Emmi turned to me and I nodded.

Dad, lifted her and put her next to me and we both fell asleep. We woke a half hour later. Then a nurse came in with a wheelchair for each of us to go to the gameroom. Mom, pushed Emmi's and I wheeled myself. When we got there we played video games and the boys played with legos. I was still hooked up to the chemo and an I.V. pole was trailing next to me.

We left the game room an hour later and the doctor unhooked me from the chemo. We finally went home. We went out for dinner and had Mexican. Then we went to the hair dresser and got my hair into a pixie cut. This was so my hair wouldn't look as weird when it fell out. I get to wear a hat in class and have soda with lunch to make the pills bearable at school. Tomorrow is Tuesday and we are going back from the three day weekend. I'm scared about what everyone will think of my cancer, especially Anna Bryce she is the 5th grade bully.
I may be nervous but at least I still have a heartbeat.