Transfusion?

Braille sits on the edge of my hospital bed. They roll Emmi into the room, she sleeps peacefully. I look at her, asleep. She curls in a ball, sucking her thumb. I can only imagine how she's feeling.

"Hi, I'm Joy, your new oncologist for the rest of your visits. Why don't we get you guys on some chemo?!" A plump and overly cheerful doctor says as she gets the chemo set up for Emmi and I. She wears a pale pink labcoat and her hair is blue in a bun atop her head.

I groan at the mention of chemo. Braille stiffens and shifts her weight. Emmi stirs in her bed as Joy hooks up my I.V.

"Am I seriously in the hospital? Again?!" Emmi's voice breaks the silence, as she rubs her eyes sitting up.

"I know, it sucks for me too."I reply glancing at her. "It's like I can actually feel the Chemo entering my body!"

Braille laughs, but stops when I shoot her a glare. I look away again and she chuckles lightly. I groan, pulling my phone out of my purse. I silently slip on my headphones, allowing the music to take me to another place.

Emmi's POV

"Hello, young miss. I am your new oncologist, Joy!" a cheerful doctor says wistfully. Her hair is blue and lab coat pink.

"Why is your hair blue?" I ask, curiously.

"Why not?" she grabs the bag of chemo and hooks me up. The warm, yet unpleasent, feeling rushes through my body.

"What, no methotrexate?" I ask, when she doesn't pull out the syringe.

"Not today, we don't like people in more pain than usual near the holidays. So, I guess it's your lucky day!"

"Yeah right," I mumble under my breath. I let out a sigh. Joy leaves and I lean my head back against the pillow.

"Umm, Em?" I look up, Gage stands at the end of my bed, fiddling with his fingers. "I- I'm really sorry about the basket ball. I forgot about the whole, you know." he gestured to where a port would be if he had cancer. "I hope you forgive me and aren't mad at me." he looks down at the ground silently.

"Gage, it's fine I'm okay. Really." I say looking at him. He nods, before going back over to Casey.

"Avia!" I look to my right, Braille shakes Avia, who takes off her headphones, groaning.

"What?" she looks at Braille, aggravated.

"Can we please go to the game room, before you start feeling like complete and utter crap?!" she whines.

"Fine! Hey Emmi, you wanna come too?" Avia replies a bit less angrily. I nod, pushing myself off the bed. My legs almost crumble as they hit the ground, and I can't help but let out a whimper. Mom notices and is by my side in an instant.

"I forgot about the wheelchair thing for a moment." I say embarrassed as she lifts me into my new electric one.

"Don't worry Em, I've done it multiple times." Avia says as she slips into hers. "These ones are so cool! Look, they've got places where we can attach our poles!" she pulls out an attachment for a pole. I roll my eyes as Braille laughs and connects Avia's pole. Mom dose the same for me, and sends us off.

Avia's POV

"Chemo sucks!" I say, leading the way to the games.

"Amen, sista!" Emmi laughs next to me. Braille just chuckles, walking between us.

Collette's POV

"When are we gonna tell her?" Shay's voice comes from next to me. Gavin picks up Daxton and motions Brock and Gage to stand.

"I'm gonna take them to the game room." He leaves, going after the girls.

"I guess tonight." I say, the tears welling up in my eyes. It hurts to know my baby will only have one leg soon.

"Hey babe, it's okay." Shay puts his hand on my shoulder and pulls me into a hug.

"What about Avia? How are we gonna tell her about the transfusion?" the tears fall from my face as the words leave my mouth.

"What transfusion?" I look up to see Avia in the doorway, looking scared.
"I just came back to grab my phone. What transfusion?" tears scape her eyes, as she rolls up to us.

"Honey, they need to do a blood transfusion. It'll help you get better."

"No! I don't want some stranger's blood in my body!" she screams, the tears falling down her face more feircly.

"Ave's we're going to try our hardest to keep it in the family." Shay tries to comfort her. She shakes her head and rolls to the door again. I sigh and put my head in my hands.

"How are we going to do this?"