Chapter 5

It was a couple weeks after the "incident", as Steve referred to it. They had made up and were back to their normal lives, or as normal as Captain Americas and the ex- Winter Solider could get. 

Steve has just come in from a meeting at S.H.I.E.LD and had walked in on Bucky pouring his heart and soul into "Holding onto you" by Twenty One Pilots. (Play the song) and making dinner. 

He sang the first verse and it clicked in Steve that Bucky was really taking his his body back. He was taking it back from all Hydra did to him.

I'm taking over my body,

Back in control, no more shotty,

I bet a lot of me was lost,

Ts uncrossed and Is undotted,

I fought it a lot

And it seems a lot like flesh is all I got,

Not anymore, flesh out the door,

Swat,

I must've forgot, you can't trust me,

I'm open a moment and close when you show it,

Before you know it, I'm lost at sea,

And now that I write and think about it,

And the story unfolds,

You should take my life,

You should take my soul.

 With a fierce rush of pride Steve joined in the on the chorus. Bucky jumped, but then got back into the song, their voices harmonizing beautifully. 

You are surrounding all my surroundings,

Sounding down the mountain range of my left-side brain,

You are surrounding all my surroundings,

Twisting the kaleidoscope behind both of my eyes.

And I'll be holding on to you [2x]

Trailing off, Bucky let Steve sing the second verse. He felt it connected  more to Steve anyway. 

Remember the moment

You know exactly where you're going,

'Cause the next moment,

Before you know it, time is slowing

And it's frozen still,

And the window sill looks really nice, right?

You think twice about your life,

It probably happens at night,

Right?

Fight it,

Take the pain, ignite it,

Tie a noose around your mind

Loose enough to breathe fine and tie it

To a tree. Tell it, "You belong to me.

This ain't a noose, this is a leash.

And I have news for you: you must obey me."

He hopped back in for the chorus and the bridge. 

You are surrounding all my surroundings,

Sounding down the mountain range of my left-side brain,

You are surrounding all my surroundings,

Twisting the kaleidoscope behind both of my eyes.

Entertain my faith. [10x]

[4x]

Lean with it, rock with it,

When we gonna stop with it,

Lyrics that mean nothing,

We were gifted with thought,

Is it time to move our feet

To an introspective beat,

It ain't the speakers that bump hearts,

It's our hearts that make the beat.

And I'll be holding on to you. [8x]

They may or may not have grabbed spoons and uses them as microphones. And Bucky did not use chopsticks to imitate the drumming. No way. And Steve definitely didn't pretend to play air guitar. Nope. Definitely not. 

They collapsed onto the sofa, laughing. They lay for awhile, the only sound their breathing and the occasional snort of laughter. Suddenly Bucky jumped up and screamed.

"The fish!!"

"What the hell?!?" Steve cried out, startled."

Bucky ran over to the oven and pulled our the fish he was cooking for dinner. He looked at it and pouted.

"What's wrong with it?" Steve asked hesitantly, trying to ignore how adorable Bucky looked when he was pouting.

Before he found Bucky, he'd been living on take-out and frozen food. He had never really been that good in the kitchen.

"Wrong with it?! It's all dried up!!" Bucky yelled.

"Can't you just put some water on it?"

"Pour some water on it?!?"

"Yeah! You know, rehydrate it......" Steve trailed off at the look that Bucky was giving him.

"Rehydrate it. You want us to drown the thing?" Bucky said  in a flat, sassy tone.

"It's a dead fish Buck, it can't drown."

"How do you know?! It could want a life, dreams and ambitions!"

"You literally put it on the oven, if it wasn't dead when you bought it, it sure is now."

"Punk."

"Fish murderer"

"Whatever," Bucky said rolling his eyes, 

"Let's get some pizza."

"Ok Buck, ice cream too?"

"Hell yes!"

Steve laughed and ordered the pizza while Bucky went to freezer and got the ice cream.

After they were done the food they watched a few episodes of supernatural, which Bucky had fell in love with. 

He fell asleep on Steve's shoulder and nuzzled into his neck. Steve sighed happily. Picking up Bucky bridal style, he gently carried him to his room and placed him on the bed.

"Night buck, sweet dreams." He whispered, and then without thinking, he placed a gentle kiss on Bucky's cheekbone. 

Bucky smiled in his sleep. Steve panicked but Bucky's soon rolled over and snuggled with his pillow. 

Walking out, he shut the door behind him and went to his room, curled up on his bed, and fell asleep dreaming of Bucky.

<><><><><><><>

Not sure what this chapter was.... Anyway, I like the ending! Comment your thoughts and requests please!! I'll try to incorporate them as best I can. Goodbye my silver nuggets!