Interview with tianajade

~This is my first interview, so if the questions are crappy that's why. But if you have a question for tianajade, just ask! She's really nice and I'm pretty sure she'll answer your question ASAP.~

Me: Hi Tiana!
I was wondering If I could go an interview with you for my story (Interviews with 100 Wattpad Authors) It's not posted yet because I haven't interveiwed anyone. If you don't want to do it, or if your too busy, I completely understand. If you can do it, It'll mean so much to me. =D

Tianajade: Hi there,
Wow, you want to interview me? Thanks! I'd be glad to! But only if the questions aren't overly challenging. I recently had an interview where there were questions were it was either impossible to answer or too challenging XD

Me: Lol! Don't worry. I'm asking simple questions.
Okay. Question numer 1.
What inspired to began writing?

Tianajade: Not any one thing really. Some inspiration came from my favourite authors, and then when I found Wattpad and saw how many people created their own stories, I thought I'd give it a try as well even though I had no writing background what-so-ever. (:

Me: Who are your favorite authors?

tianajade: I have a lot, but just a few would be: Richelle Mead, Alexandra Adornetto, Simone Elkeles, Shelena Shorts and Amber Kizer

Me: What's your favorite books by them?

tianajade: Richelle Mead: Vampire Academy Series, Alexandra Adornetto: Halo Series, Simone Elkeles Perfect Chemistry Series and Leaving Paradise, Shelena Shorts: The Pace Series and Amber Kizer: Meridian Series.

Me: Ohh! I've read a few Vampire Academy books!
Okay, back to topic. Do you listen to music when your writing your chapters? If so what do you listen to?

tianajade: No, I don't listen to any music. I actually can't have any background noise at all while I'm writing. My room has to be in complete silence for me to write, otherwise I get distracted easily or loose focus and concentration, haha

Me: Do you have a favorite wattpad author?

tianajade:  No, I actually don't read a whole lot on here. And I don't find it fair to pick favourites on here, anyhow.

Me: What are your hobbies outside wattpad?

tianajade: Photography is a big hobby of mine, and one that I want to turn into a career later down the track. Graphic Design is also a hobby, and reading - of course. :)

Me: Are you planning to become an author? Or do you have something else in mind?

tianajade: Nope, not planning on being an author. My plans for my future are a little all over the place at the moment, but I want to be a Photographer and eventually own my own studio.

Me: I think you'd make an AWESOME photographer. =D
Okay, second to last question. I know you make your own covers, and I was wondering, what sites do you use to do so?

tianajade: Thanks! :P

To make the actual covers, I don't use any websites, I use two graphic designing programs: Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop CS5. :) To find images, I mostly use weheartit.com and from there I sometimes find a few other random websites, but I usually just stick to weheartit.

Me: Your welcome. =D

Alright last question. D'=

Do you have any writing advice you could give me?

tianajade: Just what I usually say to a lot of people: Write for yourself and no one else, and accept constructive feedback. However, don't let others run your story, don't let people try to tell you what and what not to include in your writing. Constructive feedback is helpful, and you should almost always listen to that type of feedback, but ignore those that tell you to add or take something out of your story. If you listen to those people, then they're basically the ones running your story, and you're just the one writing it.

Another thing: try not to let the hype and popularity get to your head. Getting votes, comments and lots of support on your writing is great encouragement, and it feels amazing to get that type of support, but try not to let the popularity run your story(s). There's been a few times in the past where I've almost quit because I felt my story wasn't getting the votes and comments that it should have been, but then I realised that I shouldn't be worrying about that, I should be focusing on my writing and enjoying it. Votes and comments are just a bonus, but you should never let the amount of votes be the judge of how good your work is. :)

Me: I feel so stupid because  I was nodding as I read of what your wrote as if you where beside me or something. xp
Thanks for your time! It means so much to me that you did this interview with me. =D

tianajade: Haha :)
No worries, I enjoyed it! Thanks!

Me: Anytime. =]

And that was my interview with tianajade. If you have a question for me or tianajade, just ask. =]