20

Chapter 20

A/N: I do apologize for the long wait on this chapter. I was waiting for my new laptop to come in. I didn't like updating on my phone like I thought I would, so that's why I just took a small break. Now that it's here, more updates will be coming. 

If you guys would like to, follow my Tumblr page. My url is itskaylaangelxo.tumblr.com. Whenever you guys have a question, about ANYTHING, you can always ask me on there. I'll answer anything. I've been getting questions about writing tips so far... 

I hope you enjoy :) 

_______________________________________

Adriana

"Okay, class. Don't forget about your final paper that's due next week. I hope you enjoy your weekend. You can go." 

Once those words left my professor's mouth, everyone stood from their seats, grabbing their belongings and exiting the room. It didn't take long for us to exit the building, since the classroom was right outside of the doors. Before making my way to the steps, I looked down to see Sam sitting out, waiting for me. 

"Hey, boo." He grinned. 

"Hey." I smiled. He grabbed my hand, bringing me closer to him to get a kiss. 

"How was class?" 

"Class was class." I shrugged. "I have a paper to finish up this weekend, so our date night may have to be rescheduled." 

"Nah, I'a help you." He told me. 

"Awe, thanks, babe." I smiled, wrapping my arms around him while I stood between his legs, kissing his cheek. "You're the best." 

"I know." He smirked, chuckling afterwards. "So, what's ya' plans now, since you done wit' classes fa' the day?" He asked. 

"I'm going into work for a few hours, then after that, I don't know. Chill. Probably go out. Or go home and work on this paper." I sighed. 

Sam looked at me with a small smile, knowing why I was acting this way. After a couple of days of pondering around, not knowing what to do, I finally called my father. We talked for a bit, and before ending our call, we agreed to meet up and talk. Tomorrow afternoon was the agreed time. 

Before today, I felt a sense of excitement. It's been so long since I've seen him, and I just couldn't wait to sit down and, hopefully, build a new steady relationship with him. But, as time went on, I began to remember all the bad things that happened in my childhood, and it reminded me of how I felt when he wasn't there. How I felt abandoned by him, and my mood instantly changed. 

"You know you ain't gotta be by ya'self durin' this time. You know I'm here." 

"I know, but I don't want to be a Debby downer, and destroy your mood because I'm feeling like this." I explained.