24

Chapter 24

A/N: Can I just say, thanks to everyone who participated in the survey. Your responses were amazing! I loved seeing how all of you answered the questions.

If you didn't participate in it, and would still like to, please do so now! The link is on my profile page, and it will only remain open for a until tomorrow morning. Afterwards, it will not be opened again. 

If you want to know what it's about, refer back to the last author's note I posted in this book, which is right before this chapter. 

Also, what social media pages do y'all use the most? Twitter? Wattpad? Instagram? Tumblr? Please comment and let me know! This will determine where my empowerment page will be first? I'm thinking an IG and Twitter page for now, or even a Wattpad and Twitter, but we'll see....

Hope you enjoy!

____________________________________

1 Month Later

Adriana

"How is it fitting, Tee?"

"It was too tight." She yelled from inside the fitting room. "I'm going to try on the other one that's one size bigger." She said.

I walked away from the fitting room Teaira was in, and went back to looking at bathing suits. Since we leave in two days for our bachelorette trip, the girls and I got together for a shopping day. We planned to spend the whole week before the wedding in Mexico, so shopping for our trip was a must! 

"Adri." Teaira called. "Come back." 

I walked over to the fitting room, and she opened the door so I could see her in the bathing suit. 

"You like it?" She asked. 

"Yes, this is cute!" I smiled. "Get this one." 

"I thought the same thing." She chuckled. 

"Y'all, I don't know." I looked over to Aaliyah, who was heading towards us. Teaira closed the fitting room door so she could change back into her clothes. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"I don't know which ones to get." She pouted, holding up six bathing suits. "I'm in love with all of them, but I only want to buy three." 

"Well, let's see." I started. Going through the suits she was holding up. "Get these three." I said, picking out the three I liked the most, the ones I felt she would look bomb in. 

"Alright." She smiled. "Thanks, bestie." 

"You're welcome, bestie." 

"I got mine." India said, walking over with a bag, with her clothes in it. While she showed me the bathing suits she purchased, Kennedy walked over to us with her stuff in her hands as well. Everyone had either bought something or found something they liked. Except me. 

"Did you find something, Adri?" Kennedy asked me. 

"No." I pouted. "I mean, I did. But when I tried it on, it didn't fit right." 

"Maybe it was marked wrong." Aaliyah suggested. 

"No, it's right." I shook my head. "I'm gaining weight." 

"What?" India asked in disbelief. "You, Adriana, gaining weight?" 

"Yea." I nodded. "I said the same thing. I've been the same size for a couple of years, the only thing that's really gotten bigger was my ass. But I've been maintaining my weight. Now, it's out of control."