Scared

Chapter 29:

Hunter's POV

Chicago 1am

I sat in the hotel room shaking. I had no idea what to do. I looked at my phone on the bed as I paced around the room. I covered my faced feeling overwhelming tears coming.

I have a strong feeling that Rico's people were looking for me. No doubt...I needed Eli.

I grabbed my phone and dialed his number no caring if he was busy. I needed him now...

The first time he didn't answer...and the second time, but I didn't care. I was gonna keep calling until he answered.

After the third unanswer I started to lose hope that he was gonna answer at all, but I kept calling.

"Hey...Hunter?" I heard his voice on the fourth ring and I let out and unbelievable laugh that was the ugliest thing I ever heard.

"Dammit, Eli." I said in a muffled tone. I held my head and shook my head.

"Are you ok? What's going on? What happened?" Eli started to panic.

"You need to come get me..." I said in a soft tone.

"Baby, you're ok. We took over the Lumineers. It's just us, Hunter. You don't have to be scared anymore."

"It's not that...it's...just please come get me."

"I'll get a plane to New York ASAP."

"No...I'm not..." I trailed off. I couldn't hold in my tears. "I'm in---Chi---Chicago..." I stuttered in my tears.

"Chicago...how the hell did you get there?" Eli said sounding pissed...hopefully not at me.

"Rico---he tried to---to---I had to, Eli. I'm sorry...can you please just----please come get me." I said still fighting through my tears.

"Shhh....it's ok, Hunter. I'm going to the airport right now. I'll be there as soon as I can." Eli said in a soothing tone. I tried to calm down and I gathered myself so I can speak.

"Ok..." I said in a low voice.

"I love you...I'm leaving now." He said not lying. I could hear Ant asking where he was going.

"I gotta...I'll tell you later." He told him.

"I love you too, Eli." I whispered as I heard his car start.

"See you soon, baby." He said making me really feel better. He wasn't mad...but then again, he didn't know everything that happened. I sighed and hung up.

6:45am

The vibrate of the phone woke me up and I answer it quickly.

"Hello?" I said in a tired voice.

"Do you know where the hotel you're at is?" Eli said. I gave him the directions...it was right downtown.

"Oh shit...it's right here. It's the Marriott right?" He asked.

"Yeah...I'm coming out." I said rubbing my eyes as I hung up. I grabbed my bag and key. I rushed down to the lobby to check out, but I heard the automatic doors open. I turned and sighed when I saw Eli standing right there. I ran to him and as he held me in his embrace.

"What happened?" He whispered as I snuggled my face in his soft sweatshirt. I looked up at him with sadness. He sighed and pushed my bang up. "You hungry?"

"Yeah...I didn't eat at all today." I said.

"Did you check out yet?" He asked.

"I was just about---"