Accident

Chapter 35:

3 months later

Rey's POV

"Aleigha, how are you baby?" I said as I changed her diaper. She likes me much more now and that makes me actually think being a new dad is worth it.

"Aleigha? Where did y'all get that from?" Ant said waiting for me to get ready.

"It's like the female version of Elijah." I told him as I picked Aleigha up. I started kissing her on the forehead and it made her smile.

"Dude, come on." Ant said shaking his head. He got up and looked at Aleigha. "She's gonna be this cute when you come back." He said pinching her cheek softly.

"I know, cause she looks like me."

"Nah...she got your eyes, but Hunter's everything else." Ant said making me narrow my eyes at him.

"Shut up..." I said walking out the room. "Hunter, take your daughter." I said handing Aleigha to her mother as she sat on the couch.

"You see me having a conversation?" Hunter said narrowing her eyes.

"And?" I joked. "Me and Ant gotta go take care of some business."

"You're leaving me with our daughter today?"

"Yeah, bae. This just came up."

"You told me that you were gonna give me a break." Hunter said frowning.

"I know, but I gotta take care of this. I'll be back in like a few hours."

"We have the appointment at 3...you gon be back by then?" Hunter said holding Aleigha close.

"I should be." I said opening the door.

"Baby..." Hunter whined.

"I'll be back in time." I said waving her goodbye. We walk outside and hoped in the car. I started the car and pulled off.

"Yo what appointment?" Ant said as I drove with the radio blasting. I smacked my lips and turned it down. I looked at him quick then put my eyes back on the road.

"What?" I said not really asking him cause I knew what he said. I was just irritated.

"I said what appointment?" He said making my eyes widen.

"Shit...I forgot." I said in a soft voice.

"Forgot what?" Ant said leaning back with confusion all through his face.

"I forgot to tell you at that. Damn...you my best friend. The fuck was you thinking Rey. Damn..."

"FORGET TO TELL ME WHAT, NIGGA?" Ant yelled punching me on the arm.

"Shit, nigga." I said feeling that shit throb. "You ain't have to hit a nigga. You betta learn to be patient or you ain't gon last with Chantel." I said bitter as hell.

"Just tell me." Ant said waving it off.

"My arm though bro...you ain't even gon address it. Just let it go? Forreal?" I said looking at him since it's a red light.

"Fuck you then, don't tell me."

"I won't, nigga." I said driving at the green light. I turned the corner.

"Yo, you know where you going?" Ant said mad as hell that I won't tell him.

"To Camlia...where ever that shit is." I said looking at my phone for the direction.

"I hope she ok." Ant said looking out the window.

"Don't you think it's a little weird that she's just now calling?" I asked turning on the street.