Chapter 5

Hey! I just wanted to let you guys know, if I don't specifically say who's point of view the chapter is in, it's going to be Addie's. Most of the story is going to be through her point of view but there will be bits and pieces where they are through other people's too. Just thought I'd clear that up before you started reading the chapter so you wouldn't be confused.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was left in a daze after the jade-eyed man left without saying a word. Subsequent to watching him walk away, I found myself trying to make excuses for a man whose name I didn't even know. After arriving to my next class of the day and about a handful of excuses later, I came to my senses and put it all down to him simply being a rude person.

I was relieved to see other people were already here when I walked into the sociology room. Aside from a few people in the front row, most of everyone else was sitting towards the back of the room. I decided on a middle seat of the third row and went over to settle in.

I had just about five minutes until class was scheduled to start so I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and opened Tumblr. I aimlessly scrolled through my dashboard and reblogged a few random pictures that caught my eye. Just as I locked my phone and shoved it back into my pocket, a familiar brown-haired man walked through the door. His green eyes peered up to meet mine. His eye brows knitted together and a confused look became apparent on his nearly perfect features. He did everything a surprised person does, short of stopping in his tracks. His eyes dropped to the floor as he began walking away. I heard a chair being pulled from the spot in the row behind me.

"Alright. Are we ready to get started? I am Dr. Salisbury and I will be your professor for the next semester of your Cultural Sociology class." The owner of the voice was an older man with graying hair. As the class continued, Professor Salisbury continued going over the criteria for this course but I couldn't stop thinking about the mysterious man sitting directly behind me. I saw my neighbor begin to stand and shove notebooks into his over the shoulder messenger bag. I looked around the room and saw nearly everyone heading for the door. In the midst of the cluster of people I saw what I was looking for, the mop of chocolate brown curls. I picked my bag up and swung it over my shoulder, making my way towards the door, hoping that I would be able to push my way through the crowd of people to get to him before he left.

I was planning on confronting him about why he left so suddenly and without saying a word after our run in nearly an hour prior. By the time I had made it out the door he was gone. "Fuuuuck." I muttered under my breath. Readjusting my bag and swapping it from my left shoulder to my right, I continued on with my day. "Only three more classes and then you're free to sleep." I reminded myself. "Just three more hours."

Harry's POV

As much as I disliked myself for it, I couldn't help but watch the girl sitting in front of me throughout the entire time Salisbury was talking. She seemed very antsy -- constantly moving some part of her body. Whether she was shaking her foot or tapping her fingers on the table in front of her or messing with her pencil, she was still moving.

"Okay. I will be lecturing on the basics tomorrow, how culture affects different groups in society. It would be in your best interest to take notes over this discussion so I recommend you do whatever you need to do to make sure you are actually awake because I don't see one person who is on the same page as me today. You are dismissed."

I immediately stood up and headed for the door not wanting another run-in with the beautiful blue-gray eyed girl. Wait. What? No. She isn't beautiful. I don't like her. I don't want anything to do with her.

Everyone else seemed to have a similar idea, I got caught up at the door for a minute before I could get out into the hall. I didn't even think about going to my next class. I went straight for my car parked across campus. I had to get out of here. Get away from campus. Away from her. I just needed to think.

Once I reached my car, I got in and pulled away before I had a chance to over think what I was doing. I started driving to the only place that calmed me; the lake. After I drove as far as I could down the path I had beaten down by driving here the many times that I have, I got out and walked the rest of the way on foot.

The sweet song of the cicadas played as I walked along through the waist-high prairie grass. The water finally came in view and it immediately calmed me. I found a giant oak and sat against the trunk, hiding myself in the shade. I sat and admired the natural beauty that was all around me. Dragon flies flew past in a frenzy and birds sang their beautiful little tunes.I sat there for the remainder of the day.

I had told a couple of my friends earlier in the day that I would meet them at our usual place after class; a little cafe on campus. We were going to go over our plans for the weekend. I glanced around one last time before pulling my self away from the safety of the large tree and walked back to my car. Every ounce of uncertainty I had been feeling when I got here was now long gone. I couldn't be more relaxed.

Adelaide's POV

The rest of my day went by in a blur. At the end of my final class I started towards the dorms. "Addie!" I turned to see who was yelling my name; it was Marina.

"Goddammit." I cursed to myself.

"Where are you going?" She asked with her eyebrows knitted in confusion while approaching me.

"Honestly... I completely forgot about us meeting at the cafe. I was headed back to the room." I said and hitched my thumb over my shoulder, in the direction of the dorms.

"Oh. Well, do you still want to go?" I needed to give Marina more of a chance, I really did.

"Sure. I don't see why not. I'm starved anyway. Haven't eaten anything all day."