Chapter 6

"So, how was your first day of college?" Marina questioned me during our walk to the little café.

"Eh. It was... interesting." I looked over and saw Marina trying to hold back a smile. "What?" I demanded. I tried keeping a straight face but her growing smile was contagious.

"The first day always is." She agreed with a nod of her head.

I had just started telling Marina the events of my day when she pointed across the street. The little café ended up being named The Golden Aspen.

"Anyway... Sorry. What were you saying?" Marina asked as she pulled the door of the little shop open, freeing the aroma of coffee and cinnamon to evade my nostrils.

"Uhh... Jonah. I was just getting to the part about Jonah." I said, trying to find my train of thought that had been derailed by the sweet smells in this café.

Just as I was pulling myself back into reality I heard Marina shriek. I looked over to see her, spinning in the arms of a slender man with jet black hair sticking straight up from his scalp.

"Zayn!" She called when he set her down. She lightly smacked his arm but you could tell it was anything but harmful; her smile was covering her whole face. Zayn leaned down and pressed his lips to hers, making her smile dissipate and reappear only this time it was larger than before the small peck.

When they pulled apart Zayn turned and looked at me. He was good looking from the side but he was absolutely breathtaking when looking at him full on. His natural beauty was almost incomprehensible. His smile was perfect, you could see his tongue sitting behind his pristine white teeth. He reached his hand and over to me and introduced himself.

"Hey. I'm Zayn, Marina's boyfriend." I wasn't disappointed to hear he was taken. Yeah, Zayn was stunningly beautiful but he wasn't my type by any means. Zayn looked like he was a model. I can appreciate his beauty but I was by no means attracted to him in any way other than physically.

"Hi, Zayn. I'm Adelaide, Marina's roommate." I flashed him a small smile, trying to be as friendly as possible.

"Let's go sit down. We're at the corner booth. Everyone's back there." Zayn said and made his way towards the back left corner of the small café. On the walk back I had about five seconds to think about what Zayn could've possibly meant by "everyone's back there." Soon enough I was drawn out of my thoughts to see two familiar faces among the group of people sitting at the table.

"Adelaide?" Liam asked with a confused look on his face. I smiled and nodded, confirming that it was in fact me, Adelaide Winters. The very beautiful light haired brunette sitting next to him shifted uncomfortably, giving me her oh-so famous scowl I had become immune to on the first day I saw her and Liam at the dorms.

I heard a scoff come from the opposite side of the table and turned to see who had emitted the unpleasant noise. For the third time that day, my eyes met the pair of breathtaking, hypnotizing jade ones. I had the feeling that if he wanted to and wasn't such an ass about things he would be able to convince me to do nearly anything with just one flick of those beautiful green eyes of his. Aside from the shade of green that seized every possible part of his iris, there was nothing pleasant about the curly haired man's eyes. The look I was receiving from them was almost as menacing as his body language: reserved, indifferent and aloof.

"You girls can take my part of the booth. I'll pull up a chair." I nodded and Marina pushed me towards the empty space next to the man that I didn't want to be anywhere near while Zayn grabbed an empty chair from a table of girls, leaving them to giggle and ogle over him.

I felt a pair of eyes burning into me from across the table. I had no clue how I did it but I had somehow managed to get two people out of this seven person coterie to dislike me and I didn't even know all of their names.