Chapter 4

He took me home to get a few bags for the week. RJ had his own room and stuff at Meek's house so I didn't bother packing anything for him. My stepfather walked into my room drinking a beer.

"Where you going?"

He said eyeing me. See we never got along because I've always felt that he's an undercover pervert, but my mom wouldn't believe me and married the bastard.

"Meek's house."

"Oh you giving up what's mines?!"

He threw the beer at me, but I ducked and it hit my wall. My mom walked into my room kissing him.

"What's the problem baby?"

She asked him.

"She disrespected me."

I just stared at him. I was used to this. My mom started going off on me for absolutely nothing.

"Better learn some damn respect Duvinee!"

She walked out as he smacked her ass. I grabbed my bags walking out, but he snatched me back into my room and slammed me against the wall. He fumbled with my shorts as I faught him off and Meek started calling my phone. He backed away, but cupped my vagina and gave it a squeeze.

"This pussy IS mines. Better not give it away."

He let me go and I rushed out the door down to Meek's car. I tossed the bags in the back and Meek looked at me.

"DD?"

I didn't say anything.

"Duvinee!"

I knew he wasn't trying to raise his voice cause RJ was asleep in the back. It was already 8 going on 9.

"What Meek?"

He turned my face to him.

"That nigga messing with you?"

I been told him about my stepfather and he always tried killing him, but I always stopped him.

"Can we please just go? Please."

I whispered.

"He's so fucking lucky my son is in the car."

He shook his head pulling off and we drove to his condo about 35-40 minutes away. He grabbed RJ and my bags. I took RJ from him and brought him into his room taking off his clothes. I woke him up and made him take a shower, but he was out like a light right after. I cracked his door and went to Meek's room.

"What happened Duvinee?"

I didn't say anything. Just grabbed a towel and went to shower, throwing my stuff in my hamper at his house. I got in the shower standing under the water letting the tears run. Maybe 15 minutes later Meek joined me in the shower and pulled me to him just holding me.

"I'm here baby."

I clung to him as I just cried like a baby. He washed me up then washed himself and picked me up. He wrapped a towel around us and walked into his room. He put his favorite shirt on me and put some boxers on himself then we got under the covers. He held me all night and even turned his phone off.

"I love you Duvinee. Don't ever forget it."

He kissed my forehead.

"I love you too Robert."

He pecked my lips and held me as I clung to him, falling asleep in a shield of protection.