Chapter 7

We got out the shower and put on some night clothes then laid down in his bed. No TV, no phone, no music, just silence.

"Duvinee I want to be with you, but I don't know how."

"You were with me once upon a time though."

"I know. That was 2 years ago though."

"That wasn't long at all. You make it seem like so much has happened."

"I started getting more money. More chicks started flocking. I'm famous in the hood and you know before you know it I'll be famous in the real world."

"Money and hoes changed you."

"I know it did. I would love to come home to you and our son at night. I don't just want to see ya when I pick ya up or when you drop him off. I want to be able to tuck him in at night then make love to you in OUR bed."

I sighed.

"It's wishful thinking."

I turned over on my side and let the tears take me to dreamland.

I hopped in the shower then brushed my teeth while staring at myself in the mirror. After gargling I walked into the bedroom and over to my bag looking for something to wear for school. After choosing an outfit I put on my deodorant and smell goods then began getting dressed.

"Where you going?"

Meek asked in a groggy voice.

"School. It's Wednesday."

"Damn."

He got out the bed and went to take a quick shower. By time he was out and getting dressed I was doing my hair. After another 30 minutes we walked out the house and got in his Benz.

"I meant what I said last night Duvinee. I really do want to be with you."

He grabbed my left hand with his right and kissed it.

"I can't trust you Meek."

"Please call me Robert."

I sighed.

"I can't call you someone who you no longer are. Just because we had some angry sex last night doesn't mean that you're forgiven or that things have changed. You always act like this after we have sex Meek."

"Duvinee I'm serious!"

"Meek you're NEVER serious when it comes to being with me."

He sighed as we pulled up to my school. I got out and got ready to close my door.

"I love you Duvinee. No matter what you may think. I'll see you at 1:55."

I just closed the door and walked in.