Soulmates

Adrian's Pov

I watched as Rohans hand lingered too long and my body was forced up, why was I so? I had no love for this child! Rohan needed to know his place she was not yet a full witch so not yet old enough in mage sense to be with.

I grabbed his shoulder.

"Sorry to just interupt but Rohan you need to come sit with us and let this young lady go to Excellency Jane." I said in my controlled voice. So many emotions raging in my shattered heart feeling left untouched for 300 and more years.

"Wait Rohan!" Veronica stepped forward and gave Rohan a hug,his arms went around her waist and he squeezed lightly,laughing softly against her hair. And I was about to crack when he let go.

When she was out of hearing.

"Rohan you know that is not appropriate, in the human world she is your student and here she will become one.... This is not acceptable."

"Adrian. You know me brother. For a 1000 years you have loved.... For a 1000 I have not... I have had woman but never experienced what that young woman makes me feel. She may be my soulmate which is the highest law we have. "

I looked at him shocked my jealousy draining and a sense of sadness replacing it. It was true.... He always fought beside me but has never known love like me. If true and she was his soulmate then all appropriateness goes out the window. In our world if you found your soulmate in your life time you were lucky. Even meeting your soulmate as an infant is not frowned upon. Obviously there would not be any sexual attraction. But pure love. 

Something I well understood and waiting for myself when she would return and also restore my shattered soul.. Even though Jane said that was not very possible.

"I understand my friend then you do what you need to do." we sat down and I felt the last with of my soul crack alittle for some reason.... Slight dull ache in my chest. Like this past few years the dull ache.... Knowing she was in this world soon.

Veronica's POV

Dinner went by uneventful,Jane and I spoke briefly,she was explaining to me that I would attend normal human school for basic human knowledge and after school I would return to the forest and attend magic classes with Adrian as my history and mystical affinity arts teacher,Rohan as my physical arts training teacher,and a huge suprise Casper,my human school science teacher,who is my meditating teacher and gaurdian arts.Jane explained that the subjects they teach go further then the title of their classes.I thanked her for the information and help,I also thanked her for the dinner and for earlier ons incident,which I'm still embarrised about.She said I should make nothing of it I started to feel a dull ache and looked over to Adrian who looked paler then ever. I excused myself using the excuse of being overwhelmed and tired.
when I stood up to leave I had this shocking feeling that someone was trying to penatrate my mind again,I turned back to Jane who was speaking to an elderly man,It seemed it was someone else,I dropped my minds wall,but it nearly nocked me over with a force,all these people were witches and people of magic so I was over whelmed by private mental conversations and just the sheer force of their powerful presence.I couldn't focus enough to locate the person,so I brought my mind walls back up again,but the throbbing in my head didn't leave me this time.This time it felt nothing like a headache and more like a smooth slimy thing seeping through my head making my head throb so much that seeing was becoming difficult,I left the hall in a rush pushing past people and not stoping once I was outside.I carried on away from the elegant homes the people built in the forest for themselves.I walked towards the forest where it thickened and darkened,since my perants death I liked my alone time I began preffering it over hanging out with my huge group of freinds I had back-back where?home?where is home now?-When I was far enough from everyone I sank down against a wide old tree,as I sat back against the trunk it felt like the tree was molded to fit my body so that I was comfortable.The hard ground became soft as if knowing I needed comfort,the leaves and branches looked like they had bowed and bent to embrace me like a mother and shield me from harm,I laughed a histerical laugh,I must be crazy,all this was impossible yet here I was immersed in this impossibility,where was my mother?why wasn't she here holding me telling me everything would work itself out.Where was my dad telling me that the world was a scary place that I should face it with my head held high,He always said"Nica,never show weakness,it will be your worst enemy,you have nothing to fear but fear itself."Then his face would break into a grin,ones that seldomly came but when they did it was a blessing. I sniffed not realising I had began to silently cry,my heart was aching and so was my head,I was mentally exaughsted and emotionally destroyed,I was allowing people in only to be hurt,I decided there and then that I would not show any weakness,not for anyone.With that it felt like the bowed branches backed away the ground hardned and the tree was know rigid and stiff. The sensation started in the back of my mind spreading like ice cold hands pushing the thick slime of a headache out,It felt exilirating,but something wasn't right it felt wrong and dark,but I didn't really care what ever it was,it made me feel in control and I felt different,and I liked it,I flexed the tendril like thing out,expanding it making it spread out and taking over my whole mind. I stood up and walked back towards the houses and the people.I could feel a sly smile on my lips,it felt so bad,so naughty,very badass,I felt so badass.The new Veronica was here and no one would stop her. My mind twitched and probed.