witches and guardians

"No Gwenneth,you see it is possible for witches to have the same last name and the same for gaurdians,but Vanessa has been reborn and has no real family,she was always born the only child and had no siblings or cousins and such the God's did this to balance out the scale,and don't worry about the Gods doing anything to Veronica she does not know who they are."Adrian addressed the class,his face was teacher like but in his eyes,I could see he was pained by the memory of Venessa,I immediatly felt bad for starting the subject. "So I will read this book and catch up.In the mean time are we going to do anything else in this class?"I asked changing the subject.Adrian looked grateful for the change of topic and I smiled. "No because of our discussion we have missed class today but it's fine I will then leave you all to your history tasks,"He looked at his watch the looked at the class."Goodnight enjoy your next class's."

As Adrian finished the bell went,it was a soft sound but somehow my ears picked it up,I noticed it was also dark out but I could see like it was daytime.We all got up and people walked out chatting and laughing with people they knew,I felt a pang of loneliness even Gwen was out chatting with other people.I took my book"THE ART OF WAR" and saw Adrian consulting a massive old leather book.I walked passed without saying or looking at him and was leaving just as he called me back,when he said my name goosebumps rippled over my whole body.I walked back to his desk avoiding his eyes and staring at the book infront of him. "Yes sir?"I asked. "I called you back to give your your timetable for your classes."He handed me my paper and I slipped it into my book without looking at it."Thank you sir."I turned around and walked away but Adrian jumped up and grabbed my arm,his touch was warm,I hadn't noticed how cold I was. "Wait,why are you so cold?"He asked but I saw he was going to say somthing else. "Uhm.I think it's the weather sir."I lied.Adrian lifted an eyebrow with a mocking look in his eyes. "You know I would believe you if I didn't know that because you've specialised in fire your body temperature will naturally be warmer than others."He smiled at me like he was all knowing. "Ha wow thats quiet cool,"I had a thought run through my mind about how he told the class how easily I got my power and how hard they had to work for theirs and my mood dropped back to sad."Thank you for that info sir."I realised he was still holding my arm. "Wait why the rush?Your next class is with Mr.Devial,Im sure he won't mind.I just need to talk to you about a few things."He said dropping his smile like a light switch.I waited but he didn't carry on.

"Sir I'm sure it can wait I really don't want to be late-"

"I'm sorry."

I was at a loss for words.I stammered an answer. "Uhm for what?"I asked.Adrian looked at me but I got the feeling he was looking through me.His eyes focused back on me and he said: "I'm sorry for chewing you out earlier.I should have felt the dark presence,and instead of shouting at you I should have thanked you.So thank you for saving me from that awful creature.I do feel awful about you getting tackled like that by Rohan.He is very protective.His mother and father were ancients and were killed during the Caydies killing spree.When the war came he was unstoppable.He hates the Caydies with such burning passion you'd expect him to be a fire user,Ha."Adrian laughed but it was a humourless sound.

"Many of our young have changed sides and have stayed here as spies but we feel the darkness on them like a stench.So I appoligise on behalf of Rohan for his mistake.And I actually want to also say sorry for shouting at you for using your power raw like that,but I guess you had to defend yourself against the nightshade creatures and you were not used to your power,our students are eased into their powers slowly and controlled,and that was the exact opposite for you.So I want to say welldone for discovering your powers."Adrians voice was thick with emotion.I was getting used to the whole emotionful Adrian,but sad to see,he became that calm,careless,laidback person. "Uhm.Thanks."Was all I could muster.Then added. "Oh and I don't blame you or Mr.Devial for what you did."I said feeling my cheeks go red.Adrians hand slid down my arm down to my hands. "I will sleep better now knowing I wont be hated by one of my students."He joked.He dropped my hand like it was a venomous snake and I felt a small bit of rejection creep into my chest.There was darkness laced with it so it felt that much worse but then I saw why he dropped my hand.He was scribbling on a piece of paper.I then felt stupid for mistaking it for him rejecting me. "Here is an excuse why your late now go I will see you for your specialised class ok"He smiled.