↣ two

two - What Just Happened?

''What?'' Lexi ejaculated, steering the wheel when turning another corner. ''What happened to, Jakooke?''

Brooke turns to her from the seat beside her, furrowing her brows almost furiously and repeats ''Jakooke?''

Lexi's countenance twist into a cringe and shrugs her shoulders. ''Yeah, your names don't really go well together.''

''That's not the only thing that doesn't go well together'' Brooke murmurs more to herself, folding her arms across her chest and leaning further into her seat.

Although, she was looking at the road, Lexi couldn't help but set her lips slightly ajar into a gape. ''But you guys were so, lovey dovey at the get together last night.''

''Yeah, Lexi, key word; were, lovey dovey. But then we started talking about us, going public and my dad after we left Kieran's. It all went downhill.''

She tilts her head to the side. ''What exactly did he say that screwed up?''

'This is Brooke and Jake we're talking about. It'd be so obvious to know that Jake said something stupid. All of our guys do and say dumb things at certain points, so the expectations of what any of the girls and I would say, doesn't amount to much.'

She shakes her head, propping her arm onto the arm rest available by her side and rubbed her temple. ''He thinks I like the secrecy, because of my history.''

Lexi narrowed her eyes. ''History? What histor-'' She looked over at the blonde who was shooting her a pointed look.

Through the unspoken communication, Lexi gotten the message.

''Oh, that history.''

Brooke let's out a breath, relaxing her once tense shoulders into her seat as Lexi pulled the car to a stop at a red light.

''What about you and Noah?''

A corner of Lexi's lips twitched into a smirk. ''Loah, is doing just fine.''

Brooke rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time this morning. ''Of course, you would get a good ship name.''

Lexi's chest heaved from a humorous giggle. ''That is not true. In fact, I got a good one for Emma and Kieran.''

Brooke eyes her with arch brows and scoffs. ''Oh yeah? What you got?''

She holds her head high as she presses her foot against the pedal, causing the vehicle to go back into motion. ''Emran.''

''Oh, that's actually good'' Brooke chuckles, pointing at her when saying so. ''Do us?''

She bit onto her bottom lip as she drove the two into the schools parking lot. ''Broxi?''

She waited for her praise, but instead, sat in a moment of silence.

''You still alive?''

Brooke placed a hand on her arm. ''Hun, you gave us a Bratz name.''

Promptly, Lexi tears her gaze from the many students taking their sweet time to clear way, to lock contact with the hazel eye blonde, pursing her lips. ''Brooke is just, not a compatible name.''

She then glares at her driver. ''I know, you did not just say that?''

Finding an easy and available spot to park her car, Lexi forced a smile her way. ''Love you.''

''Then make a better name for us.''

Lexi broke into a fit of laughter as the two unbuckled themselves from the restraints of their seatbelts and grabbed their bags from the backseat.