↣ eight

eight - When You Give Him Pussy, He Goes Mad.

    ''Happy centennial birthday, Lakewood,'' Noah's dull voice spoke. ''It's that time again. Time for Lakewood's annual carnival. What could be more twisted? Look, there's no denying Lakewood is opening the beaches with a man eating shark in the waters, but it's what the people want. We've done it since we were kids. When it comes to murderville, traditions die hard. So start the cotton candy spinning, set the tilt-a-whirl at full tilt. The show must go on. The Lady Of The Lake must be crowned. Who can fault Lakewood for needing a little folksy distraction from its harsh, blood stained reality?''

    While Lexi sat still in the hospital bed, letting her phone turn off on its own, her parents and Doctor entered the pin drop silent room.

    The corners upon Dr. Jetson's lips curved into a welcoming smile towards his patient. ''Hey, Lexi. How you feeling?''

    Lexi shakes her head with a shrug of her shoulders as her doctor was skimming through the files attached to the folder in his hands. ''Better than how I came.''

    ''Hmm,'' He hums, his green orbs closely reading the information in front of him. After a moment of the Marra family watching the doctor, he finally placed all the papers back into the folder and closed the beige file. He placed the fairly thin object under his arm and smiled again. ''That's good, because it says here that you are eligible to go home. There's just a few precautions we need to inform you about, before you head off.''

    ''Which is?'' Her mother questions with wide eyes.

Dr. Jetson sighs breathlessly, attempting to remember his instructions in the formal order. ''Since, you'll be having trouble walking, your insurance is providing enough to let you have both wheelchair and crutches. You should be able to walk regularly by the end of the month, which is in six weeks. If you still have trouble then, call us. That way we can schedule Lexi for physical therapy sessions. Also, you need to take antibiotics every night, before you go to bed. The nurse should be here with them in just a few, in the mean time, start getting ready.''

''Thanks, Henry,'' Her father appreciated, performing a nod of his head. The doctor mimicked his actions and removed himself from the room.

Lexi's mother brought two hands to her countenance, rubbing against the skin of her face while her companion stood next to his wife with equal stress.

''I'll be in the bathroom,'' says Lexi, as she carefully pulls her feet off of the bed and onto the cold tile flooring.

Her father shakes his head. ''Not yet.''

Lexi only turns her head to look past her shoulder. She didn't realize how tense her parents looked until now.

Her mother slapped her arms to her side and breathes out an agitated sigh. ''We need to set some ground rules.''

Lexi's eyes shifted else where and her lips fell apart, a scoff emitting from her and was ready to encounter the idea but her mother didn't allow for it to happen. ''This is not up for discussion.''

''Lexi,'' Her father starts off. ''This happened before. You have huge scar on your back that is never going to go away. Every time we see that scar, it reminds us of how you almost died and we couldn't do anything to prevent that.''