↣ twelve

twelve - Prove Me Wrong

Lexi pulled a loose strand behind her ear, her insides twisting knowing each minute that past, he was going to be here.

This was a big assumption and possibly another way to commit suicide, but this risk needs to be taken.

Emma and Audrey went out to Pikeview Road last night, back where Brandon James used to live to find more evidence against Eli.

Though, they were convinced that finding the stash pile of Audrey's letters to Piper and old photographs of Emma were enough evidence, they also knew that it all could have backfired on Audrey's part.

Well, everyone but Lexi thought that. Lexi had another idea in mind but she was afraid to say it.

Although telling her friends about this plan probably would have been the best invade it turns out for the worst.

But, they probably aren't much help since Emma and Audrey are all over the news for so called murdering Mayor Maddox.

''Hey,'' Eli greets breathlessly, closing her bedroom for behind him as soon as he entered. ''I got here as fast as I could.''

The brunette turns to him slowly with her hands clasped against her stomach. She's never felt so nervous, coming from the girl whose actually had to face the killer in her past.

The blue eye boy eyed her cautiously, cocking a brow at her in curiosity. ''You said it was urgent?''

She swallowed the pool of saliva that formed in her mouth, not entirely sure how to start off.

''Is everything okay?'' He asks her, reaching for as he took a step forward.

Her eyes went wide at the movements and instantly took a step back. ''No, stay there.''

Slowly, but subtly, he shakes his head and kept his brow furrowed. ''What's going on?''

''Where were you?'' She blurts out. She then shakes her head and blinks rapidly. ''I mean, where were you before you came here?''

Still confused as to what was going on, he decides to follow along with how Lexi was attempting to think this through.

''I was caught up in the station for three hours. They were questioning me and I made a quick pit stop at Kierans.''

''Why?''

He shakes his head at her. ''Why what?''

''Why did you head over to Kieran's?''

There it was. It was what she was hoping for. The hooded eyes that diverted anywhere else to avoid eye contact with Lexi.

''I had to speak to him about something.''

''About what?''

She notices her jaw sharpen from clenching his teeth. ''What is the point of this, Lexi?''

''What did you have to speak to Kieran about?'' She repeats, her tone hardening. Her nerves seemed to wash away the more she spoke.

''It's nothing for you to worry about.''

Her eyes bored into his flatly, seeing through his exterior of lies. ''Well, when you put it that way, that makes everything seem perfectly normal.''

He rolls her eyes at the remark.

Lexi drops her weight onto her left leg and crosses her arms against her chest. ''Why did the police interrogate you, Eli?''

He shrugs his shoulders, continuing with the lack of eye contact. ''I don't know.''