↣ ten

ten - Zoe Vaughn

''I haven't been in your room in a while,'' Emma prompts to Audrey after taking a look around the wall of various pictures, one of Emma and her included. ''It's changed.''

Audrey sat on the edge of her bed, dressed in a red and black flannel with a grey knitted top underneath, a pair of grey skinny jeans that ripped at the knees and black combat boots. Her gaze was focused on the folded hands sitting in her lap. ''Yeah.''

Emma's body fell back until her bottom landed on her dresser, propping her arms back as she held onto the edge. Her intimidating gaze only made the raven hair teen grow immense guilt.

''After last night, I deserve answers about Piper. This is about us and it's about her, and you can't keep things from me anymore.''

It wasn't very noticeable, but the nod Audrey performed was subtle. ''I get it.''

''Okay, uh,'' Audrey stammers out, pushing herself further off of the bed and turning her body to face Emma and Lexi, who chosen to take a stand over at her window. ''Think of this as your own personal Audrey Jensen AMA. Do your worst.''

Oh, how badly Lexi wanted to snap at the girl with a, 'stop kissing ass' remark.

But now was not the time. The moment was too fragile to contain a level Lexi was on.

Emma nods. ''Okay. So, you knew that Piper was my half sister the whole time she was here in Lakewood?''

''Yeah.''

''And last year, when,'' Emma took a brief pause to inhale a shaky breath. ''I started to think that the killer was probably my half sibling, why didn't you say anything?''

''I never, in a million years, thought she could be the killer and she swore, she wasn't.''

Lexi looked away with a scoff heaving out of her chest while Emma sharply responded, ''And knowing what you knew, that was good enough for you?''

Audrey shakes her head and blinks her eyes rapidly, the intense pressure radiating off of the two becoming a hassle for her to emotionally handle. ''No, no. She and I..''

Lexi narrowed her eyes at the girl who stopped in mid sentence.

''The night that Rachel died, I was with Piper. We were up late at the Crescent Palms Motel, going over Brandon James stuff. I mean, if she didn't kill Rachel, how could she be the killer? And.. and I thought she was my friend.''

Audrey's words seemed to drown in the mind of Lexi Marra as the gears started shifting.

She remembered the day everything was finally over. The day where she thought these gruesome killings would never return.

She was sitting in the waiting area of the hospital with Emma Duval, Brooke Maddox, Jake Fitzgerald, Audrey Jenson, Kieran Wilcox and Noah Foster.

While Emma's mother, Maggie Duval was getting the several injuries that Piper Shaw caused, stitched up, the group decided to stay with Emma for support.

It was a moment they all felt it was necessary to stay together. What happened was traumatic, a life threatening experience that was cursed upon the group. Being together as one gave them a sense of comfort.

''Oh my god,'' Emma breathes out a dry chuckle, raising an arm off of the arm rest to view her shaky hand. ''I'm still shaking.''

Brooke leaned forward and place a gentle touch on Emma's knee, given that she sat across from the blonde. ''We all are, Em.''