↣ nine

nine - Morning

Her fist banged against the steering wheel of her car, blood being drawn from her bottom while biting on it so hard.

''Fuck!'' She yells into the nothingness of her car.

Lexi Marra was parked in the empty parking lot her school provided. The only reason she was here was because she needed sometime to just be angry.

These past few weeks, her emotions were numb. There wasn't an exact word to describe how she would feel because when one thing happens, another comes right along, causing her life to spin into this blur for her.

The palm of her hand slammed against the wheel once more, much weaker than the last.

Her body trembled from the wrecked sobs pushing against her chest.

When all of this started, it broke her down from Riley's death. But, then she remembered something. She's, Lexi Marra, she couldn't let others take her down like that.

She took on the journey with a brave frontier, even if she didn't have the courage to do half of the things she's done.

The journey continues and this time was surely different. This time, Lexi became weak.

Her moist lips extended as she exhales a puff of air. The brunette looked around her surroundings, the peaceful quietness was an unsual sight for sore eyes, given for someone whose always seen it packed with teens upon adults.

Lexi Marra was obsessed with the idea of peace. She was stuck in a bubble of fantasies where the trauma was played and done with, and she'd live on without forgetting those she lost.

Now, here she was. Her crutches stored in the back of the vehicle because of these visible scars on her hips and upper thighs.

And Lexi hated these scars. That night, at the funhouse, was her worst yet.

She just stood there, letting the killer attack her like a rag doll. She had no voice, no power, no strength at that moment, as if it all went out the window.

Then, she's only now finding out about Audrey.

Lexi would trust Audrey with her life without a doubt. Yet, she brought a psychotic beast to the town that slashed her sister as one of Lakewood's victims.

How could she not see that?

How could she not realize that on the phone, it wasn't Jake?

A small part of her knew, that most likely, Jake Fitzgerald wasn't the person on the other line. It was only void that filled the doubt and future curiosity that Lexi didn't wanna go through.

Lexi leans her torso forward, her bottom half leaning back into the driver seat while she crossed her arms on the steering wheel and ducking her head against her clothes arms.

'It's time to wake up,' She thinks to herself, letting out another sigh that only proved how agitated she was. 'It's time to stop playing dumb and play whatever the killers heading for.'

At those point, Lexi couldn't believe how suppressed and naive she became.

The brunette sat back up and wiped away the stray tears that created a slippery streak against her toned cheeks.