↣ five

five - Fight Me, Hoe!

''Stay Away From Me!''

Lexi took a few steps back, her features filled with sorrow. Emma and Audrey watched with empathetic eyes, as the small group stood in the empty auditorium and on the stage.

Maggie Duval continue to take pictures of the crime scene as a part of her job, but she listened intently on the friendship that was crumbling drastically.

''What?'' Lexi breathed out desperately. She had tears stinging at the brim of her eyes. ''Brooke, you don't mean that.''

''No,'' The blonde inhaled sharply, feeling the mutual pain, only hers was felt out of betrayal. ''I do.''

''I think you should-'' Ms. Lang began to escort the Marra out, but she ripped her arm away from her teachers touch while still focusing on the broken blonde.

She shakes her head. ''Come on, Brooke, don't do this. I just lost my best friend, I can't lose you on the same day.''

''What is this, Lexi?'' She exclaims, pointing back up at the exploiting banner. ''What is that suppose to mean? What was that gif suppose to mean?''

''How am I suppose to know?'' She yelled, the level of her voice now matching Brooke's. Only for Lexi, it hurt to yell.

So many things were going on in her life. It was Piper Shaw all over again. Where everything started to spiral out of control, only this time, it was worse.

Because her face is in the game, a game Lexi never wanted to play, just to figure out.

''Did Jake call you?'' Brooke's voice trembles in a whisper. ''In that picture, is that Jake on the phone with you?''

Lexi scoffs out of disbelieve. ''Brooke, the photo was taken out of a tree. Okay, why would any of this relate to Jake?''

''Well gee, I don't know, Lexi. Maybe because his body came rolling out of your picture!'' She exclaims, stomping her foot in rage.

''I don't know who I was talking to on the phone'' She admits softly. In all honesty, she was confused to this day of who could have been on the other line.

''Lexi Marra'' An unknown voice called from behind her. She turned at the heel of her foot to see a police officer with a clipboard in his hand. ''Officer Acosta wants a word with you.''

× × ×

''Tell me about that picture? Who was on the phone with you?'' Officer Acosta questions, the familiar words being said once again within the past five minutes.

''I just gotten out the shower and while I was getting ready, my phone rang. When I went to get it, it said unknown caller. I didn't think much and answered it anyway. The voice was stimulated, so I couldn't figure out who it was per say'' She explains, sitting calmly in front of the officer who didn't intimidate her one bit.

As long as she stood by the truth, nothing was going to happen.

''Are you saying you might know who it was?''

She nods her to verify.

''Who do you think it was?''

She started fumbling with hem of her tee shirt, her throat becoming tight as her mind paced. She knew she was smarter than this, why is she taking so long to start the puzzle?