Stage Eighteen: A Cobwebbed Story

So "their" was a fortress inside of a tree trunk next to a random brick wall. You pulled a lever and the trunk opened. Pick dark until dad's foot hit the top step then a slow array of light lit up, one right after the other until the walls, the ceiling, and the floor was illuminated in light. The passage leads down to another staircase that divided in two, Dad chose the one on the right and we all descended into the black abyss.

The Tracker lifted me up off the ground the ground, somehow he and everyone else could see where they were going. I didn't mind, really, after all I was trying to let my hidden side come out. That and I had the cover of not being able to see where I was going.

The car we came here in dad just parked outside next to a Brick wall, I was in the back seat with the Tracker and even though we were going we'll over two hundred mph Dad managed to keep an eyes of the two of us. Mom only seemed to be traveling back in time.

The lights came on and the Tracker gently set me down on the ground, the look on moms face.

-----

Katy slowly pulled her mask off. Tears almost came to her eyes as she walked around the room. She took a deep breath looking up and the spiral staircase that lead to a tall chair. She slowly walked up and spun the chair. She looked over in the corner, she remembers the young Thunderstorm, tall and cocky leaning up against the wall, foot leaning against it, arms crossed watching the mother and daughter reunite.

Katy let her fingers guide her memories as they felt the edges of the chair. Her mind when back down the that strange room where Thunderstorm first told her about himself, and where she learned his name: Junjie, Chinese for handsome hero. And boy was he that to her. She remembered the look on his face as she discovered his name's meaning in her English to Chinese dictionary. Man where had the time gone?

Next thing she knew she was holding his bloody and beaten body after what she thought was their last entanglement with Scorpion. Then they were married, she had thee most beautiful daughter in the world. Junjie used his father's business as a cover to go off who know where and do what he always did. She always knew he left, and why when she saw the throwing star on their dresser. Then she found herself helping him with missions once they discovered Scorpion was much bigger than they thought.

Gram had passed away several years ago, and mom, we'll mom was in the ground too. Died at a good old age of seventy-five. Her mind was forced back into the present when she heard her own daughter's voice

--------------------

"Mom? Mom are you ok?"

"You know, the first time your father and I meet, I was out at the river in the back bleeding to death, he was the one assigned to kill me."

My face went white "Dad?"

He smiled and gave his usual laugh. "It's a long story Hun"

"A story that is long overdue for your ears."