Stage One: Destructive

Questions flooded my mind. Humanity intrigued me. My sweaty and bloody chained hands ached as I thought about it. The bruises on my shoulders burned just as bad as my cuts interwoven with them. Something as simple as breathing was hard. I never thought I would say it but, this was the one time I wish with all my broken heart he was here. The one time I longed for him. Even he, would give me comfort. For what I now faced was beyond him, beyond that fear...

     But I knew the path would be painful, and difficult as we'll as compacted with fear. Though I felt none. My heavy heart was at peace. The burdens I carried from day to day seemed to dissipate as I sat their. I felt as if I was being held and comforted as my tears trickled down my battered, and bruised filthy face.

I watched as they marched around me with the satisfaction of capturing what they seemed to think of as the most prised possession possible of sealing. One scoffed to another and I knew something was going to happen soon.

My soul felt as captured as I was. The melting ice behind my eyes could not leaqu fast enough to tell the story and the pain I was living. Their was nothing I could do; nothing I could say; it was out of my hands and my heart was cut down to the core.

My head found my chest as it sunk lower and lower into the depths of my beaten palms. The only thing the spread through my mind was WHY!!

My heart raced faster than light in my clouded mind. My tear filled eyes snapped open in anger. My fists tightened as my voice fell silent. My heart hardened and pulled itself back together as it swallowed itself in gref like a thick cover of armor. I stood to my feet and pulled at the chains locking me down. I could break free. I could make it home. I could. I can. I will. My arms flexed against the cords. Then... a gun...

I screamed.