Stage Six: To Live to Die

I looked into the eyes of my capture. My hatred burning. He cut my ropes and forced me forward. I swung my knee into his gut and slammed by elbows down onto his head then took off. I didn't look back I just ran. My aching legs carried me forward and my heart pound against my chest. I let my anger and fear drive me. Gasping for air and stumbled to the ground before regaining myself and shoving off again. I had no idea how far behind he was. I didn't take the time to look back.

Every ounce of me was being used for motion. My wild black hair flung about my back as the wind caught it and toast it. My legs were on fire! I tripped and tumbled down a sharp slope being smashed against boulders and rocks and my body, propelled by gravity, was unable to regain itself until I stopped; only then did I regained my balance before pushing forward again. My brain felt like it spun inside my sore head as I moved from tree to tree to regain my balance. What was i going to do?!

My thoughts clouded as I stumbled on.

---

The tracker stopped by the stream, she had been grabbed here. They stood up and followed the steps of footprint cleverly hidden in the grass. He placed his hand on as large tree trunk. She had been tied here.

Why was her capture not using a vehicle? Where was he taking her? He studied the footprints one last time. her capture was probably a middle aged man, 250Lb, not very good eyesight based on the constant change in footing, the girl was also throwing him off. She sure fought him a lot.

Her footprints came on and off. Meaning he was forced to carry her from time to time. A smile eased its way across the trackers face; this kid was smart; he was wearing him out. They had left about 15 hours ago. The tracker moved as swiftly as he could to make good time. He had to find her... Both their lives were on the line, and in a matter of hours she was going to die.