Stage Two: Taken but Free

I opened my eyes and studied the surroundings. I had fallen in the woods. Somehow I had made it out. I dont know why I kept on going, and kept trying but something in my heart said not to give up; so I didn't. I sagged onto my hands and lifted myself up stumbling and reaching for a tree to balance my aching body.

I forced one foot in front of the other knowing that was what I needed to do no matter what. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten... I counted as I moved... and moved. Miles passed without my notice. Five Hundred Sixty-two. Five hundred Sixty-six... Six Hundred Five. Six Hundred six. Six Hundred seven.

I fell. My weary body stubbornly picked itself back up. Six Hundred eight. Six Hundred nine. Six Hundred Ten.

My eyes looked towards heaven as I realized I was free. I was free! This one statement propelled me one step more than another and on I went. Headlights, it was night. A car. I was down. Screeching. Help...

Beep, beep, beep. My vision was blurry. The room spun around me. It was hot. It was Hot! I could feel my body. Owch! Click, clack, click, clack... Shoes. heels. White. A Nurse. I was in a hospital. My finger twitched. Seconds were hours.

There he was. Sitting in the corner. Tears in his hazel eyes. He stood and crossed the room in three long steps. His touch sent shivers of memories to me.

"I swear, if it kills me...I...-" his voice was steady "-I will fix this. I...I will get you home Wings. I swear! I swear!"

Upon my cheek he left a kiss before the men in blue took him away.  I drifted into and unsteady playback of time. I flung my eyes open forcing the bad memories away. But I couldn't. The nurse gave me a sedative.

"This will make you feel better" She stated before leaving. I swallowed and went back in time to re-live the dreaded nightmare. Not again.